Sign in to follow this  
Dante-JT

ARA 25 de Mayo carrier operations

Working in conventional carrier operations in 25 de Mayo carrier:

Landing, hook down, AoA and approach speed A-4Q are right (~120knots)

carrier1.JPG

carrier2.JPG

touchdown, got first deck cable:

carrier4.JPG

stopping

carrier3.JPG

taxying for CAT SHOT

carrier5.JPG

cat shot

carrier6.JPG

carrier7.JPG

cat shot almost ending in disaster due to lack of carrier speed resulting in this dangerous close call with plane heavy:

carrier8.JPG

Still a lot to do (calibrating cables/arresting system, catapult power, wheel brakes effectivity, etc etc) but soon I will provide a video of carrier operations in 25 de Mayo carrier.

And, as replied in other topic, yes, we plan to pack the deck with animated activity, deck officers working around and other parked a/c, although at the moment we're testing carrier ops with a clean deck.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy......I know this sim is going to keep me glued to the screen for ages!

Flying the Skyhawk from the deck of the carrier will be awesome. You guys rock! Can't wait for the video too.

Exelent Work!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping:

I really look forward to play this game!!!!

:good:

More screenshots of the A-4Q external view, while I'm still working hard in integrating the cockpit to the simulator.

JET_THUNDER_DEMO2006-08-28_08-43-21-51.jpg

JET_THUNDER_DEMO2006-08-28_08-36-37-85.jpg

JET_THUNDER_DEMO2006-08-28_08-29-41-65.jpg

JET_THUNDER_DEMO2006-08-28_08-27-32-98.jpg

JET_THUNDER_DEMO2006-08-28_08-23-54-20.jpg

JET_THUNDER_DEMO2006-08-28_08-23-43-75.jpg

JET_THUNDER_DEMO2006-08-28_08-16-44-00.jpg

Notice the brighter sea in some pics (following advice from ECV56 forum members), this is actually a setting that will vary a lot depending on weather/time of day.

Very nice pics! :clapping:

Dante, I suggest to find the book " Yo fui piloto aviador naval " del Capitan de Navío(R.E.)Rodolfo Alberto Castro Fox.

c_fox.jpg

CFox2.jpg

http://www.fuerzasnavales.com/ go to "Monografias" and then " Libros Serie aeronaval " or marauder@fuerzasnavales.com

Saludos!

Edited by SkorpioN

Nice update.

No offense, but I think the carrier deserves to have higher rez and more polygons, since it is one of the "main characters" in game. Just my 2 cents.

Nice update.

No offense, but I think the carrier deserves to have higher rez and more polygons, since it is one of the "main characters" in game. Just my 2 cents.

I agree, it's just programmer's stubborness. :ohmy: Programmer thinks art people are "abusive" with "oversized" textures (1024x1024) and then he sets OpenGL texture quality reduction right into the executable - making them look like 512x512 or even less. :sorry:

Problem is, as we all notice in the screenshots, the huge carrier is too big to be covered by tiny or downsized textures, we must use brute force (2048x2048) or otherwise it's physically impossible to make it look good. One good workaround at least for the deck, is the clever use of detail textures, like I did here with the runway tarmac:

JET_THUNDER_DEMO2006-08-28_08-16-44-00.jpg

And speaking in more polygons, maybe a good workaround for sharpness of the deck markings will be to actually model them all as polygons instead of subject of texture limitation/blurrying.

Excelent pics !

Solo una pregunta, el portaaviones se va a balancear de lado como en el Pacific Fighters..?? (Don't know how to write in english).

Cheers

Excelent pics !

Solo una pregunta, el portaaviones se va a balancear de lado como en el Pacific Fighters..?? (Don't know how to write in english).

Cheers

Si, ya tenemos el portaaviones a balancear en la simulación! (yes, we already have the pitching/rolling deck according to sea state)

Si, ya tenemos el portaaviones a balancear en la simulación! (yes, we already have the pitching/rolling deck according to sea state)

I just can't wait for this flight sim !!! it's been a long time since you post the first pics... And this last pics are excelent !!

This is the 1000000 request for a demo?