Sign in to follow this  
Gux

JAS 39C Gripen Progress

I just looked, Gux hasn't logged in for over a month, has anyone heard from him or is he AWOL?

I tell you what, if Gux doesn't show up within a week, I'll lock the topic. Then and if Gux does show back up, we can reopen it.

How would locking a topic get someone to show up? Do they send out an automated email or something? (IDK I've never done something stupid to lock a topic here)

No it's not that, all is going to happen is that we're going to constantly get "where's Gux?" or "When is this going to be done?" posts to eternity, so there's no sense in prolonging it.

Well I can wait for a grippen as long as its not abandoned, I'm just concerned he hasn't been to CA in a month without any notice. In a community centered around modding, that usually means they're gone for good(or for bad to be correct).

This true, but usually contact is spotty, or it's school season, so we'll see.

Hey, keep in mind some stuff like the A-5 was in development for almost a year with me disappearing completely for the last 4 or 5 months, but it still got released. Some of us just have lives outside of gaming to attend to.

Touche, but one grows tired of "when's this mod going to be released?" all the time.

I've done modding too so I know that it takes a while for certain projects. It's not like I've just started in the community :good:

Would it not just be easier to delete the gimme posts and leave the thread open for any advent of updates from Gux or useful info for the project from other members? Surely locking the thread would then only cause many knock on threads asking for its release.

Maybe but we'll see though okay? I mean it's not like I can't unlock it again. It's a few clicks fo sho.

Well this is all my fault as I bumped it few days ago :blush: I'm sorry guys but being new here I was doing lots of searches in the past couple of days, and when I saw this thread...well I have kinda soft spot for SAAB's planes and this Gripen is just amazing piece of art so I just couldn't resist to ask if the project is still on :blush:

Locking might not be a bad idea IMHO, because whoever(of the new people) sees this thread will probably ask about it...

lol it's not your fault man, don't worry about it. If there's so much opposition then forget about it.

I think it just looks so good compared to everything els that everyones going crazy

Kinda like having a rely good gift in the closet but your mom wont let you open then she dissapears

Pretty much.

Hello!

I'm new in here, so I don't know where I must to ask this question! I'm sorry if it's an off topic question!

Well, I'm downloaded the Max 6/7/8 plugin, the plugin is loaded in max, but how can I open the files in Max? Thanks

Hello!

I'm new in here, so I don't know where I must to ask this question! I'm sorry if it's an off topic question!

Well, I'm downloaded the Max 6/7/8 plugin, the plugin is loaded in max, but how can I open the files in Max? Thanks

You can't. Once they are exported to the game, you can't reverse engineer them to reopen them in max.

You can't. Once they are exported to the game, you can't reverse engineer them to reopen them in max.

Damn! :sad: Ok, thanks the help!

Just posting to say that I will finish this. I'm just a bit busy with things that have a higher priority right now.

So, thanks for the continuing interest, guys. I'll try to make it worth the wait. :)

Thanks Gux for all your efforts to date, and I'm really looking forward to the finished model.

waaaaaaaaaaahhhooooooooooo :biggrin: man talk bout suspense.

Good to have you back

think ill be a little more patient now that i know ur still alive