Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone know how to get "Quick Action Missions" to start in the air or near target?

Have tried selecting in "opptions" screen, but it won't change from ground takeoffs only. Tried editing the options files by hand as well, but no go. Doesn't worry me with jets, but tried using p51, and found this impossible, from in cockpit and outside, keep hitting prop on ground, engine stops, no mission.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Yes, for P-51, throttle up slowly until you get maybe 50 km/her airspeed (30knots?), then you can jam the throttle all the way up. Nice and slow throttle-up for takeoff. Control your nose over with throttle. Go easy on it during the takeoff when you first start from stop. Once you get some speed you can throttle up all the way fast.

Does anyone know how to get "Quick Action Missions" to start in the air or near target?

If you mean Instant Action they should do so by default, what did you change at some point? :spiteful:

If you mean Single Mission is this 1 that you are creating or loading a premade 1?

Hi Buff,

I changed the instant action setting in options menu so I could see what it was like for takeoff, as I'm new to this sim, but now I can't get it to go back to starting "In air" or " near target".

Haven't tried campaigns or missions yet, too busy downloading addon planes etc, and trying them out, also took about a week to find how to stop rolling, got that now.

And Lex Luthor, I have only tried the p51 a few times, and I know about feeding on power gradually, and torque effects etc, but this is on bumpy grass (with trees, no strip), and it hits prop/cuts motor whichever way I try, other prop ones, Boomerang, Bf110, D3a1 Val are easy to use.

Hope you can see my problem. Have tried changing start instant missions line in options from 0, to 1 and 2, as well, but still begins on ground.

Thanks fellas

You might have a bad download of the P-51. Try downloading the F-51 instead (it's the same plane).

OK allenjb42, I'll try that, still got my stuck on ground problem though. Thanks mate.