Sign in to follow this  
Hedu VF-143

What would SF need to be considered a "Hardcore" s

I figure it would be many things, but I wanna get your tale on it.

I figure realistic avionics and flight systems, and carrier ops.

What do you think, and don't be afraid to go into depth.

Can't really go in depth because it would take all day to write it down :)

Just a few things for now:

1)A Mission Builder

2)Working multiplayer with way more options for the host including flying the campaign online or choosing individual missions created with the mission builder

3)Realistic Flight Models

4)Better dynamic environment (real war going on down on the ground)

5)TRUE dynamic campaign where outcome of missions effect outcome of war and front lines. maybe even a force on force campaign online like in EECH

6)Better AI

7)TREES (real canopy type forrests)

8)CLOUDS

9) Better terrain complete with ore mountains,etc

10)Cheat protection for MP

these are just a few suggestions, but the list could go on and on.

Ron Jermey and Jenna Jameson?

Cheers

Beer

How many cockpits have been made for this game now?

Actually, I agree with some of Seawolfs recommendations, but to be honest, I think it's already considered "Hardcore". Not too many flight sims out there to begin with, and if you had to lump then all together into "Softcore v Hardcore", maybe I'm missing it, but SFP1 is not the sim for Crimson Sky pilots...(No offense Trashman).

This is a "Hardcore SIM" with the emphasis on both words. Maybe there isn't all the plugins that people may like...maybe the avionics aren't what you hoped...maybe the flight models aren't perfect compared to your 10,000 plus logged flight hours in the real F4...but where else can you find a game that's as mod friendly as this one? What type of Flight Simmer do you think enjoys the accuracy of a game that states: "If you don't think it's hardcore enough...well just make it harder".

I think everyone expects LOMAC to be "Hardcore". Maybe it will be and maybe it won't. People are bound to gripe about the fact that the FM's aren't as accurate, or the _____ doesn't do ______. Well, I say, is the game "Hardcore" enough to change it?

As much as I wanted to post some of my Personal Comments to the "Enough of MP BS" thread earlier, I think that this thread actually may blossom to give some better answers. This sim is HARDCORE because it has the ability to allow everyone who buys it to insert their 2 cents. They can change it....add to it....edit it....and eventually make it as Hardcore as they prefer. The question isn't "What would make this a hardcore sim?".... The question is "Who will make this a hardcore sim" The answer is "all of us."

Supporters like Denzil, Armourdave, Gecko, Column5, Pako, LVP, DanW, Tk, etc,etc,etc,. Together we will work as one....to me....that is what makes this sim hardcore.

Cheers

For those of us who dont have the talent or time to "mod" SF I think it's one of those sims you put on the backburner for about 6 months to a year and then see what happens. IMO the days of sims like F15, LB2,F18,F4 are gone. LOMAC might be the last of the true "Hardcore" sims and it may even fall short when comparing to older generation sims like I mentioned above. Like Fates I think SF can be considered a "Hardcore" sim, afterall it's much better than any arcadish Novalogic game, but it's problems hold it back right now.

Maybe one day multiplayer will work without a hitch and we will have a viet nam campaign (in the works I believe) and carriers in which to launch and recover from.

MOD Friendly is SO TRUE! With all the MODs I've done so far NOT ONCE has the game crashed on me! Either the MOD doesn't work or it does, but it's so nice not having CTDs when MODDing. :D

Great game, I can't fly it enough! And it will only get better from here.

I just can't believe the lack/omission of the mission builder. Mods are nice but, what I need is a feature. No mention of even a simple editor from TK or any of the testers so I won't hold my breath. However; I'll be breaking out the old Visual Basic :lol:

BirdDogg.

I am really looking forward to carrier ops. Maybe I am reaching here, but what would be neat would be if different carriers could be added; i.e. Bon Homme Richard, Shangri-La, Bennington, and other ships from the Vietnam era.

It truly impresses me how these modifications are done. I have no idea how they are created, but it is obvious that a LOT of hard work go into creating them. Speaking for myself, I sure do appreciate all the work that has gone into this game.

Chief W.

My own wish list for a really hard core SFP1:

1-better flight models

2-better AI

3-clouds

4-new "official" (Third Wire) russian planes

5-new "official" weapons

For the rest, I am sure that the very talented community already at work will offer us many things, including maps, US planes (cockpits please!!!!!!), objects...

i agree with the carrier ops...and a vietnam campaign too. after all looking at the iraq war where did a lot of the fighter bombers come ..the aircraft carriers. a nam style scenery with dynamic ground campaign would put this game at the same, actually higher level than falcon 4.0. i really enjoy flying strike fighter, i find it to be the best sim for general playability, ease of operation...ok maybe too easy, unless your in hard mode. and as for multi player, while i like to do this once in a while, that is not the driving force for me to play a game..maybe i am nuts, but after a hard days work, few thing in life give me as much pleasure than having my ai wingman and me take out a couple of airports and fuel dumps. then call it a night after dinner. now if we could just see the people scatter we are shooting at.....biosurge

I'd be happy with carrier ops and SAMs that actually launch at you. I've only ever seen one SAM launch and it wasn't fired at me. Maybye less acurate AAA.

Guest capun

CrazyCraig

Search the Forums, there are mods to the campaigns to have lots of SAM's shooting at you. There is also some threads about single missions with lots of SAM's.

They are not the smartests weapons, their guidance is not very good but they get you, specially in Campaign mode

IMHO, this sim has THE BEST dogfighting I've ever flown. Not only is it silky smooth fps wise, it is totally enjoyable, rewarding when you get a kill, etc. My #1 favorite thing is the lack of any stuttering whatsoever! The sim never "hiccups" like others tend to (like when loading a sound to play, ie guns).

Yes there are many things that could be better, I agree, like a mission builder (full featured one), but in the meantime I am having loads of fun. Thanks to everyone who has done so much add-on wise, with skins, new airplanes, etc.

I have been playing sims for many a year. I have gone through all of the Janes, Flight Simulators, Red Barons etc. No I have never had the chance to ride in more then a prop plane. I do not know how the fighters should turn ,bank,roll,etc. There are many of you who have had first hand experience while I just pass the odd Wrench. My point is I find the game fun! I did not have to buy a new computer or Video card to make it work.

I find the dogfighting and the plane models keeps the fun going. The add ons from people who do not get enough thanks just keep making the game better. The learning curve is a lot easier then Falcon 4. Yes it is missing things such as mission editor, some better scenery and damaged models from targets that have been hit. Keep the mods coming and thank you to the people who put their time in.

The first things to make this (splendid) sim more realistic are:

1 -improved flight models

2 -improved AI planes

The other issues mentioned above are things that will make the game more complete, but not more hardcore.

By the way, I am very confident that the SF community ultimately will achieve this on its own, just like with Falcon4. A lot of developments are on their way already. Amazing ones.

I also say a BIG THANK YOU to the add-ons makers!

Cheers,

Echo