Sign in to follow this  

First, thank you – it’s an excellent model for an alpha/beta stage! I do have a question: if I leave the afterburner on for too long, the plane catches on fire and explodes. Any idea what causes this?

PS: Now all we need is an Su-37 or better to match! =)

i did bulit one and ???????

and too much speed (like going up to the sky and stop around 35,000 feet then go down to earth at 2900 mph you will catch on fire and hit the ground...this happened to me with the Mig-25 Fox Bat :cray:

I would watch engine temperatures. The data ini file includes a lot of detailed engine modeling. The engine gets hotter as speed increases. The engine has a temperature limit. If you take an F-104G up to altitude and leave afterburner on then you will ezperience the same thing. In the case of the F-104G, the engine has been programmed to follow real-world limits. Since the Talon is a fictional aircraft, there are no real-world limits to follow. The engine part of the data ini file probably contains some information copied/pasted from some other aircraf including the temperature limits ;)

I noticed the F-19 stealth fighter has the same problem. With that particular model I found I could cruise to target somewhere between 70-76% thrust (can't remember when the AB kicks in) and be fine but prolonged combat would see me burn when I RTB. Never could quite find the threshold with this...

This has gotta be said though. This Talon model is outstanding considering it's only a beta. To quote Isamu Dyson from Macross Plus "Even the way it burns up is impressive!" :tongue:

i did bulit one and ???????

and too much speed (like going up to the sky and stop around 35,000 feet then go down to earth at 2900 mph you will catch on fire and hit the ground...this happened to me with the Mig-25 Fox Bat :cray:

You built an Su-37 - is it working and posted for download yet?

Thanks all for that tip about the engine temperatures. Yep, I realise that it's still in alpha/beta - and what a great alpha/beta state it is! Thanks again!

Gerald only makes models, AFAIK. If I knew how, you can bet I'd be trying to get it flyable.

Gerald only makes models, AFAIK. If I knew how, you can bet I'd be trying to get it flyable.

That makes 2 of us - if I knew how, I'd be getting it up and posted too =) Thanks,

dose ne one know where to get the talon aircraft?

is there a way to switch the cockpit with an f-15 and can i get the load out on otherplanes??

is there a way to switch the cockpit with an f-15 and can i get the load out on otherplanes??

"is there a way to switch the cockpit with an f-15"

PM with details on this is done is on the way.

"can i get the load out on otherplanes"

What exactly do you mean.

Literally swap the cockpit folder and cockpit ini, then make sure to change the aircraft's ini to reflect the new cockpit folder name (or just change the cockpit name to reflect what's already in the aircraft ini)

copy and paste the loadout to other aircraft lodaouts. Make sure that the weapons section of the data.ini is set to allow those weapon loadouts.