Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

Applying various weapons to aircraft...

When making different personal variants of models I've noticed that a lot of aircraft have multiple attachment types (shock horror :tongue: ) eg, the recent sweet assed Viggen:

[LeftFuselageStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=2

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-0.9720,0.0745,-0.8730

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=500

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,RP,SAHM,EOGR,IRM

AttachmentType=SWEDEN,UK,USAF -------------------------------------------Right here

ModelNodeName=Pylon_L

PylonMass=21.75

PylonDragArea=0.02

LaunchRailNodeName=

Now, normally, I've got no problem with editing this. 9 times outta 10 I get it working with no fuss but lately I was trying to equip an IRIAF Tomcat with Purely Soviet weaponry and as a result I can't add anything. All I did was edit the highlighted section above to restrict it to "Soviet" attachments (sometimes increasing the loadlimit to make sure the weapon can be carried) but I've missed something. What is it I'm missing here. I had the same problem attempting to add R-73s to the F-5E. I'm getting the vibe that American and Soviet weapons can't be used on the same aircraft, or maybe the same hard point.

When making different personal variants of models I've noticed that a lot of aircraft have multiple attachment types (shock horror :tongue: ) eg, the recent sweet assed Viggen:

[LeftFuselageStation]

StationID=2

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-0.9720,0.0745,-0.8730

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=500

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,RP,SAHM,EOGR,IRM

AttachmentType=SWEDEN,UK,USAF -------------------------------------------Right here

ModelNodeName=Pylon_L

PylonMass=21.75

PylonDragArea=0.02

LaunchRailNodeName=

Now, normally, I've got no problem with editing this. 9 times outta 10 I get it working with no fuss but lately I was trying to equip an IRIAF Tomcat with Purely Soviet weaponry and as a result I can't add anything. All I did was edit the highlighted section above to restrict it to "Soviet" attachments (sometimes increasing the loadlimit to make sure the weapon can be carried) but I've missed something. What is it I'm missing here. I had the same problem attempting to add R-73s to the F-5E. I'm getting the vibe that American and Soviet weapons can't be used on the same aircraft, or maybe the same hard point.

Did you make sure that the weapons in the weapon data are set to be used on those aircraft IE: soviet weapons on american aircraft the weapons would need an attachment type of USN and or USAF?

Guest capun
Did you make sure that the weapons in the weapon data are set to be used on those aircraft IE: soviet weapons on american aircraft the weapons would need an attachment type of USN and or USAF?

Or vice-versa, have the American plane weapon entry in their Data.ini contain WP and/or SOVIET in their attachmenttype, like this

AttachmentType=USAF,USN,WP,SOVIET

In addition to what Capun said, I believe the "EXPORTED" box needs to be checked for the wpn, inside the weapon editor. If it's not, reguardless of the attachment type of the pylon, I don't think you can put a weapon on an aircraft that's not of the same nation.

For example, the latest wpn's pack has all of the AGM-78's as a USN weapons. I wasn't able to add them to USAF aircraft until I checked the "EXPORTED" box, and saved them in the weapon editor, even if I had already added the additional AttachmentTypes to the weapon.

Edited by JSF_Aggie

This is an example of one of the hardpoints I'm using:

[sparrowStation1]

StationID=1

StationGroupID=1

StationType=SEMI_RECESSED

AttachmentPosition=-0.465,1.631,-0.315

AttachmentAngles=0.0,2.5,2.0

EjectVelocity=0.0,-2.0,0.0

MissileRollAngle=46.0

LoadLimit=230.00 <<-------------Normally I'd change just to ensure the edit works

AllowedWeaponClass=SAHM

AttachmentType=Soviet,WP <<--------I removed USA,NATO and replaced with Soviet to begin with

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

When I first changed everything to soviet, I left the FTs alone because I like the asthetic, but the other hard points wouldn't carry a thing. when I added the Warsaw Pact option I got access to the R-27 Alamo (+B,C,D) and the PL-7 Thunderbolt.

I've just checked the weaponsdata.ini to see if the R-73 or R-77 are exported and they are... It seems to be just the WP weaps. Oh, before anyone asks, yes, I'm flying the Tommy during the correct year when the missile should be in service. Been caught out by that before... :blush2:

Does it matter what order the names go in, like USAF,USN,SOVIET etc? or if the nation name is case sensitive?

Edited by SayWhat?!

It does not matter what order they are in.

or if the nation name is case sensitive?

Yes they must be capitilized IE: SOVIET.

Righto, it still doesn't work. I'm positive the entry in the data.ini is the only place that stipulates what weapons types can be used for the aircraft, right? I was able to get the WP faction to work but for now I think I'll just have to clone the weapons with the weapons editor to add them. I was just thinking, would the avionics.ini have anything to do with this particular problem? I know it allows the propper use of weapons with an model (ie actually being able to use a guided bomb/missile or not), but it wouldn't prevent weapons from different nation types being used on a model would it?

Guest capun

My suggestion is to look at the Knowledge Database and read the posts about weapons, like the INI Basics, the weapons delivery manual, etc.

Basically you need to meet the following requirements for a given weapon to show up in a plane

- Dates Match. The plane and weapon availability dates have to match.

Example If a plane service is from 1955 to 1965 and the weapon start date is 1966 they won't show

- Attachment types match. Both the airplane weapon station and the weapon attachment type have to match.

Example if the plane weapon station attachment had WP as a type, the weapon also have to have WP as an attachment type

- Weapons Nation or Weapon Exported.

Example If a plane is declared to be USAF, Weapons with the Nation=USAF will work. If the weapon is not the same nation, then it must be declared to be Exported and the dates also match.

- Weapon Station has to be able to carry the weapon. Weapon stations have a weight limit and sometimes a diameter and lenght limit is also specified.

Example. If the weapon limits are 250 Kg, 0.5m diameter, 2.5m lenght, the weapon you want to use has to be within those limits.

You need to meet all of this requirements for the weapon to work.

- Attachment types match. Both the airplane weapon station and the weapon attachment type have to match.

Example if the plane weapon station attachment had WP as a type, the weapon also have to have WP as an attachment type

Yeah, Knowledge DB was the first place I went but I didn't see (or must have missed) anything on this particular problem. that's why I posted. I reckons this ought to be it though...