Sign in to follow this  
heartagram

Normal hud too easy...

Hellooo to everybody

I have some questions if anibody can help.

How to engage a ground target if i use hard settings becouse whit normal is to easy especially in a/a combat,but when i use hard i dont now where is the target that i have to destroy i hope you understand my problem and another thing in hard settings when i use the key for view closest target i dont see it it just say that ex. mig 23 targeted but i dont see the mig .....anyway just explain pls how to aquire a target in hard sett. couse normal is to easy and is boring after a while...:)

THANKS

when slecting single or campaing in the breefing screen when it tells you what your doing like strike or cas.

on a strike it says fly to this spot and bomb the runway or hit the oil tanks or fule tanks all you have to do is read the breafing.

when slecting single or campaing in the breefing screen when it tells you what your doing like strike or cas.

on a strike it says fly to this spot and bomb the runway or hit the oil tanks or fule tanks all you have to do is read the breafing.

tbh the missions involving clearing enemy AAA are very difficult in hard HUD mode to the point of painful. You can use padlock or the zoom in function to get an idea of where they are - also the ground radar if you have one - you soon get to see that the dots are not completely meaningless.

For static large targets you can follow your waypoints and the map.

I compromised in the end by using the normal hud but removing all the displays and making the red box 1x1 in size.

IRL they may have had help from the ground so features like these make up for that.

OK I can handle the a/a combat but like you said the missions that involves AAA .....are very hard ,how did you do that to remove all displays and making the red box.....maybe you could explain me if is not very dificult..:)

OK I can handle the a/a combat but like you said the missions that involves AAA .....are very hard ,how did you do that to remove all displays and making the red box.....maybe you could explain me if is not very dificult..:)

1. Copy the text below fully between the dashed lines - DO NOT include the dashed lines though!

2. Paste it into Notepad and save it as a file called HUDDATA.INI (it must be called exactly that!!)

3. Move the file into your "Flight" folder (ie StrikeFightersGold\Flight)- MAKING SURE you do not over write any files in there already. If you already have a file called Huddata.ini then rename it to huddataOLD.ini

Start the game and if you dont like the results remove the file from the flight folder and all will be back to normal.

-------

[Debug]

DisplayDebug=FALSE

TextFontName=Arial

TextSize=9

[infoDisplay]

BackgroundImage=TextBackground.tga

BottomLeftPosition=0.01,0.985

BottomRightPosition=0.99,0.985

DisplayWidth=0.0

VerticalBorder=0.0015

HorizontalBorder=0.008

EnemyTargetColor=0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0

FriendlyTargetColor=0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0

UnknownTargetColor=0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0

WaypointColor=0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0

TextFile=HUDText.str

NormalColor=0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0

WarningColor1=0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0

WarningColor2=0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0

AGLAltStart=609.6

AGLAltWarning=152.4

[Display001]

DisplayType=DIRECTOR

ObjectType=TARGET_ENEMY

ConeSize=1

BoxSize=1

BoxType=SQUARE

BoxColor=1.0,0.0,0.0,0.75

ConeModelName=redcone

[Display002]

DisplayType=DIRECTOR

ObjectType=TARGET_FRIENDLY

ConeSize=1

BoxSize=1

BoxType=SQUARE

BoxColor=0.0,0.0,1.0,0.75

ConeModelName=bluecone

[Display003]

DisplayType=DIRECTOR

ObjectType=NEXT_WAYPOINT

ConeSize=0

BoxSize=0

BoxType=TRIANGLE

BoxColor=0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0

ConeModelName=whitecone

[Display004]

DisplayType=RADAR

PosX=0.865

PosY=0.015

Width=0.0

Height=0.0

Alpha=0.60

InitTime=2.0

[Display005]

DisplayType=DIRECTOR

ObjectType=RADAR_TARGET

ConeSize=1

BoxSize=1

BoxType=DIAMOND

BoxColor=1.0,1.0,0.0,0.75

ConeModelName=

---------------

I fly with all settings on hard - ground attack is not harder than a/a.

Read the mission brief.

- When in the target area (about 6Nm from target)

---- press "closest target" button and usually you lock on correct target

---- use padlock/player-to-target/target-to-player views to identify target and it's position.

As I line up and dive towards target, I use padlock and cockpit views while zooming in & out. Occasionally also use "player-to-target" views.

- If you can't get padlock on correct target

---- ask Red Cown for primary target position

---- then press "last radio target", usually you will then be targetting the target called out over the radio

(in this case your primary target)

To increase challenge, try to remember target position once identified, don't use padlock, don't contact Red Crown, use radar in ground mode and use dots to locat target area.

I gradually turned all settings to hard as I got better. The edit to reduce target box size was great but now all settings hard. As in real life the US jets and pilots are formidable, so US jets usually win each mission.

Edited by csb

OK guys thanks for the info anyway i thing i will go whit that edit first and then like you said gradually to hard...:)