Sign in to follow this  
Loren Mash

How to get Addons work in multiplayer mode?

I tried several fighter addons but only a F-16 fighting falcon works

Need to fix INI files ?

Perhaps this will help you out, if not hang in, someone will steer you in the right direction.

Below is from the knowledge base, multiplayer guidelines:

Addons

You have successfully gotten multiplayer to work. You either hosted other people or successfully joined a game hosted by someone else. But, you are bored with the stock terrain, aircraft, and/or weapons. What about the hundreds of free addons available on for download on the internet? In theory, almost all addons will work with online multiplayer if everyone has the same files as the host installation. Certain addons that work great with single player may cause issues online multiplayer due to size, complexity, or bugs in the multiplayer implementation.

1. Addon aircraft should be limited to a small list of aircraft that everyone wants to fly. This avoids problems with the filechecker and makes it easier for everyone to download and install exactly the same files.

2. Addon weapons and fuel tanks are completely covered by the Weapons Pack addon. Unfortunately, the sheer size of this file gives the multiplayer file checker a lot of trouble, which means people will have trouble joining. Even if everyone is able to join with the Weapons Pack installed, you may experience some strange bugs while flying and fighting. It is better to use the weapon editor to create a custom weapons pack with only the weapons and fuel tanks needed to support the installed aircraft.

3. Addon terrains do work, but may cause some inexplicable anomalies.

Perhaps this will help you out, if not hang in, someone will steer you in the right direction.

Below is from the knowledge base, multiplayer guidelines:

Thanks very much for the quoted words. What I most care about are the fighter addons :)

There're addons of F-15C/D/E and almost all series of F-16 in my WOE Object/Aircraft/ folder. Weapon Pack is installed and I deleted other addons just to avoid problems.

To test if they work well, I host a co-mission in LAN to enter without any other players except computers. Then I find what's added in types of fighters available is only a F-16 Fighting Falcon and there's no more, however these addons all perform well in SinglePlayer mode.

So if is there anyone successfully have F-15C/D/E and F-16s working in Multiplay, hope I can share the experiences.

Edited by Loren Mash

Thanks very much for the quoted words. What I most care about are the fighter addons :)

There're addons of F-15C/D/E and almost all series of F-16 in my WOE Object/Aircraft/ folder. Weapon Pack is installed and I deleted other addons just to avoid problems.

To test if they work well, I host a co-mission in LAN to enter without any other players except computers. Then I find what's added in types of fighters available is only a F-16 Fighting Falcon and there's no more, however these addons all perform well in SinglePlayer mode.

So if is there anyone successfully have F-15C/D/E and F-16s working in Multiplay, hope I can share the experiences.

The F-16 that you have as an addon wouldn't happen to be the one by xevilpetex would it?

If it is the problem with the rest not showing up may be with the avionics70.dll but i'm only guessing here.

The F-16 that you have as an addon wouldn't happen to be the one by xevilpetex would it?

If it is the problem with the rest not showing up may be with the avionics70.dll but i'm only guessing here.

The F-16 seems to be the F-16B Blk10 Fighting Falcon by Madjeff. No plane added in multiplay except this one.

Can u give more description about the avionics70.dll?

The F-16 seems to be the F-16B Blk10 Fighting Falcon by Madjeff. No plane added in multiplay except this one.

Can u give more description about the avionics70.dll?

I'm stumped the aircraft in question is nearly two years old so it would have the avionics 60. Why it is the only one showing up in multiplayer is beyond me. I would suggest you look up StreakEagle about this because he knows the most about multiplayer and he may have an idea of why you are only getting this one add on to show up.