Sign in to follow this  
Dutchy

USS John C. Stennis

On the Dutch tv (I'm from the Netherlands) on the news was the carrier number six to the gulf. My question is. Where is the John C. Stennis (cvn74)? Reason for my question is. I visit the ship in 1998 in San Diego. He was brand new that time. When it is classifed, than is it classifed and than I don't have to know it.

Greetings from the Netherlands

Dutchy

(my a-10 friends of the hogpen given me that name)

I live and work here in San Diego. We have one Carrier left in port. I am not sure of the name but I can ask around.

Speaking as a former Marine and Sailor, ship movements and locations are generally classified. While anyone with a "Janes all the worlds ships book" and a good pair of binocs could easily determine which ships and their class are here in San Diego or any port, you'd hafta be here to find out. Family members have an Ombudsman for that info.

Im sure our freind Dutchy isnt a bad guy and I am aware the Netherlanders our among our most cherished allies. Yet I would tend to be averse to diseminating a major ships' movement or location over the internet. Bad guys ears are everywhere and when it comes to the safety of our lads overseas and our nations defences, its best not to take anything for granted. Those lessons were learned at great cost during WW2. My humble opinion, no offence intended.

Good point, OPSEC starts here.

I did a google search and found a list of ships deployed to the gulf...which is common knowledge. I couldn't find anything up to date about the Stennis...and as far as I know during these nervous days, that's a good thing. :wink:

Yea it is pretty bad here in San Diego.

A ship cannot leave with out media filming it all the way out. They interview the family members and their the ones that blurt out the time, place, and when they return on national television.

As for the Stennis I have no info for you. :(

Okay, OPSEC's been breached by David Letterman's top ten list from the Stennis tonight. :roll: :lol:

She's not in the gulf...k? :wink:

Sheesh...the media, our opponents best allie...after Clinton...

Couldn't tell ya where she is now, but I can tell ya she was a great home for the year and a half we spent on her

Oké I know that I asked you all a question that I maybe never had to ask. So sorry about that. It is classifed info. But when you see ones in your live a ship like that size and beautyness. You wanna know everything about it. We don't have or see ships like that in the Netherlands. So Americans, be proud on your ships and equipment.

I hope nobody hates me now for my (maybe in your eyes) stupid question.

Greetings

Dutchy

It wasn't a stupid question Dutchy. :)

If you know where she's from, David Letterman did his top ten list from the Stennis last night. She's at home. Nothing classified if it's on national television. :lol:

I didnt think your question was stupid at all Dutchy, nothin wrong with askin my friend. I wish I was still in the Navy, Id love to have given you a tour of my ships. Then maybe one day, you could give me a tour of your good country. I just got done readin some books I got on World War2 and the resistance in the German occupied countries. The Netherlands very bravely resisted and saved many jews and allied flyers, and did much to assist in paving the way for their eventual liberation by allied forces, all to thier eternal credit. Sounds like my kinda people... :D

Take a look here Dutchy...

http://www.cvn74.navy.mil/