Sign in to follow this  
=58=Sprig

2048 F-4 panel lines

I'm working on some Oregon Air Guard "Red Hawk" & "Black Hawk" Phantoms SFP1. I need 2048x2048 panel lines. I have the 512 template, but I'd prefer not to have to build my own high res. panel line layers. I will even take void.bmp's. Any help or ideas on where to look? Thanks.

I'm in a similar boat but I'm in the process of making a Mitsubishi F-2 skin. Are there any panelling templates for download? I've done an extensive search but I've got the feeling I've maybe missed something because I'm sure I saw an F-4 panel/wireframe around somewhere...

You are going to have to make your own I am afriad since there isnt any. Hey someone has to do it right? :dntknw::good:

Awww... I knew that was gonna be the answer :tongue:

I've already started one but it just seem to take forever (for the F-2, not the F-4). Am I right in thinking this is one of the more time consuming components of skinning or do I just suck at this...?

SayWhat, there are templates right here at CA in the download section for the F-16, which can be used to make an F-2 skin. Templates are under the skins section of downloads.

I'm working on some Oregon Air Guard "Red Hawk" & "Black Hawk" Phantoms SFP1. I need 2048x2048 panel lines. I have the 512 template, but I'd prefer not to have to build my own high res. panel line layers. I will even take void.bmp's. Any help or ideas on where to look? Thanks.

Sundowner has done a number of high rez 2048x2048 F-4 skins that are available in the download section here at CA. Perhaps if you got his permission he would let you use it as a base for what you want to do?

Edited by bibbolicious

Sundowner has done a number of high rez 2048x2048 F-4 skins that are available in the download section here at CA. Perhaps if you got his permission he would let you use it as a base for what you want to do?

Yeah, last few times I tried that link it wouldn't work for me. Been having probs with my isp. I'll give it a go again soon...

I found his email in a readme file included in one of his high res F-4 skins I DL'd. I'm waiting for a reply...

Guest Sony Tuckson

and yes, building a template is really time consuming

create the panel lines takes indeed a lot of time, but making a high res template out of a lower resolution one is way easier and faster, as the only thing to do is to redraw based on earlier work...

try making a template from zero, you'll see how long it is and how hard it sometimes can be, and not only to draw the panel lines, but especially to connect complex camouflage patterns to different maps....and there you'll thank a good 3d modeller who spent his time creating a nice mapping, something that's not often done!