Sign in to follow this  
N42-Hollywood

Hello all from Network 42 !

First off I have to say WONDERFUL job on the site! I'm Holly from Network-42 ( www.xlii.com ) an online gaming community that right now is mostly First-Person-Shooters. Being the resident flight-sim freak and former USMC aircrew, I'm trying to get a GOOD flightsim on Network-42. I'm also looking for a good flight-based community to be a part of, and it appears I've found it! :D

I'm a Microsoft Certified Professional and run the Hardware/Software sections at Network-42. I've also written some game previews and hardware reviews there. I look forward to contributing to the BiohazCentral community.

See you in the skies!

<Hollywood>

Some of my work:

http://www.xlii.com/reviewdetail.cfm?reviewid=1012

http://www.xlii.com/reviewdetail.cfm?reviewid=1010

Welcome Hollywood! Glad to see you drop by. Consider this your new flight-sim home! :D

Thanks Jeff,

I've responed to your email...it should be in your inbox now...

And BTW...If ANYONE is into Ghost Recon...N-42 is THE place to be...we have 2 dedicated servers and insane bandwith ( We currently have 5 servers on direct dual T3 connections....where are they and how much does it cost??? don't ask :wink: 8) )...anyone who is interested should check out : www.xlii.com

We play tactical/teamwork style WITH voice comms...It gets very exciting....Were also trying to find a way to host Strike fighters in a dedicated server fashion...That way the community would have a 24/7 place to fly on a DIRECT IP address. If anyone is able to help with getting Strike Fighters a dedicated server module...please let me know. :wink:

P.S. Once Strike Fighters gets going well...I'm going to see about getting a Teamspeak channel opened for Strike Fighters...so we can have voice comms while flying! (We use Teamspeak 1.5- Very stable, good quality and low footprint)

Welcome Holly, pay no attetion to me I'm just the local A-10 freak! :shock:

Hello all..

Just another N42 guy checking out your forums.. Hollywood recommended your community; so here I be!

Hi Hollywood and N42. Im a bit new myself but like you I think this ought to be a good online home for my flightsimming. :D I checked out your reviews, look outstanding and sound professional and enthusiastic like you give a flyin banana! Ya! I might take this opportunity to mention that I am a member of the Military Gamers Group which is a bunch of present and former military, police, and emergency services personnel who love to game and are not a little salty. We too are into a number of games with ghost Recon among the very top. Our website is located at http://www.militarygamers.com/index2.htm. Please feel free to visit and Ill let them know about your site too.

Hollywood wouldnt be an illusion to San Diego recruit depot would it? ...as in "hollywood Marine? :wink: Before I went Navy to see the world, and boy did I see the world!, I was a Marine stationed at Camp Pendleton. Got tired of humpin hills.

I actually picked up Hollywood for another reason. Here's how I explained it on N42:

I was a crewchief on CH-46Es at NAS Norfolk while in the Corps. I insisted on wearing my hair to maximum possible regs and my "eccentric" non-issue sunglasses. One day while in my flight gear complete with the shades and hair, my new Gunny Sgt called out for me, but forgot my name...So he just shouted across the hanger " Hey Hollywood!, don't forget your fu<kin' jacket!". The whole squadron heard it and it stuck <---( Very funny! Everyone about busted a nut laughing), so when I started playing flightsim's online (Novalogic's F-22 Raptor) I used my nickname........Hollywood LIVES!!!

So there you have it....Oh yeah, one more thing....There's a little project I'm cookin' up for Strike Fighters...It's not what your prolly thinking...but if MadJeff likes it, I think we'll see some real good action..I'll keep ya posted.

-=Holly=-

<--- another N42 kid, just wanted to say hi and the site looks great, hope to see some of you over at N42

Man, it's a damned convention... :D

Welcome all!

Man, it's a damned convention...  :D  

Welcome all!

Yeah, we all tend to congregate and flock together.. :-) We've actually been talking quite a bit over at N42 about supporting a multiplayer flight sim but have always ended up with our backs against the wall due to the lack of any proper dedicated server architecture for that genre of game.

I actually picked up Hollywood for another reason. Here's how I explained it on N42:

I was a crewchief on CH-46Es at NAS Norfolk while in the Corps.

Sempi Fi Hollywood, always nice to see another JarHead, I Crewed on CH53's outta MCAS New River, Did A couple of Med Cruises with composite Frog(CH-46) squadrons. I always liked thoughs birds (46's), very reliable with low down time. Hated working around that rear Clam Shell though :)

Welcome Aboard

BirdDogg.

Ah...CH-53s...the good-old sh_itter! lol

Don't get on one unless it leaking! HMT 302 and HMH 213 at Newriver right???

Ahhh Ghost Recon, now theres a game I haven't played in a while...breezed through the first 2 missions, took a whole day on the 3rd mission...(DAMN TANKS!!!)...didn't get past it, so i gave up :?

I'm very tempted to fire it up again...maybe tonight 8)

Denzil

I must say Hollwood and the rest of the N42 crew....Welcome to Biohaz Central. I hope you find a home here for the Air support you ground pounders need...hehe...

As you well know the future of sim is not FPS or Flight Sims...it's "Combat Sims" like BF1942 where you can fly, walk, drive etc...Having great communities like your own mix with other great communities like BioHaz can greatly benefit the future of Combat Simulation all together.

Thank alot Fates!!! Thats actually our goal...as well as to bring our hosting abilities (games, voice comms) together with your extensive knowledge base. I belive if we can SOMEHOW get a dedicated server module made for this sim, it would really take off! (pardon the pun :x :wink: ). We would then have a common 24/7 battlespace in which to fly. I already am working on getting a 24/7 Passworded Teamspeak channel up for use exclusively by Network-42 and BiohazCentral.

See you in the skies!

-Holly

P.S. I love your sig...funny as hell :D

Sounds great!! Thanks and welcome to the "unfriendly"skies.tell recon to pop smoke and we'll be happy to light them up!

Cheers Hollywood...I had a hard time choosing between these two:

Fates5sunsetsig.gif

Sorry, I would have to vote for the frst one, being a Simpsons junkie and all... =) mmmm, junkie....

I like the second one :)

Ahhh Ghost Recon, now theres a game I haven't played in a while...breezed through the first 2 missions, took a whole day on the 3rd mission...(DAMN TANKS!!!)...didn't get past it, so i gave up  :?  

I'm very tempted to fire it up again...maybe tonight  8)  

Denzil

theres no reason to play the single player, its hard to get the AI players to do anything, put in an app at http://www.xlii.com/grapplication.cfm its the only way to play, :D

Hello all! I started playing flight sims back on my 286 but have been an offical first person shooter these past few years because of a lack of online support for online flight sims... I really hope we can get something well organized so I can dirve right in again!

Theres no reason to play the single player, its hard to get the AI players to do anything, put in an app at http://www.xlii.com/grapplication.cfm its the only way to play,  :D

I totally agree... single player is nothing compaired to a well organized N42 multiplayer game...

Yeah so this is N42 - Ice Man. I am relatively new to the N42 scene and I have to say these guys rock.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you turbofan freaks. :)

Personally my first gaming experience ever was Jet on a 286 lap top that my dad used for NASA work. Ever since I have been hooked.

- the Ice Man