hi all

I've just got the game and installed the patch. however I am getting a few problems

1)ctd with the 'r' button when i try to get a target from radio on all aircraft

2)sound is stuttering (best description i can give) when flying the phantom horribly so it slows the graphics down

3)no upgrade when i am told my aircraft have been upgraded

4)flight group don't seem to attack aircraft or if they do they don't use their missiles.

I have tried turning down the sound acceleration on my sound card, different settings on graphics card, to no avail. I have tried different settings ingame to no avail also.

I have installed all the latest drivers for my hardware, still no joy

would be a lovely game if only it was 100% playable

any help would be appreciated

cheers

marc

my specs

amd xp1800+

256mb crucial

geforce 4 ti 4200 64mb

hercules fortissimo II

ps its horrible in 16 bit graphics ;)

That CTD from pushing R is something I don't think your gonna fix unless you remap that button to somewhere else.

I put my sound acceleration to the max, and have had no trouble.

Not sure I can help you with prob 3 and 4. Hope someone can.

Guest Ranger332

as your ai arnt following your instructions and the r key is actting up completly remove the game do a fresh install then add the patch(dont add any skins till after your done or they will be lost

"R" should not be CTDing the game anymore... not if the patch is installed correctly.

Then again I have it mapped on my Satiek X45... no need for a keyboard, then again you could always get a COUGAR HOTAS. 8) 8) 8)

ya like newbies have the $300, anyway, I've never had any CTD's or problems w/ sound so...I can't help you...but I can do this.

WELCOME TO BIOHAZ!

cheers for the info & greets lads

BUT, still no go, tried a fresh install, registry cleaned.

Still r key ctd even though remapped to button on my MS Sidewinder Precision 2, and now I am getting stuttering sound in all aircraft, tried different drivers for my soundcard and problem still occurs.

Are you guys using DX9?, If I think back my problems seem to have begun after I installed DX9, looks like a format and re-install unless I can revert back to DX8.1, any ideas?

cheers

Marc

Pretty sure im using 8.1, and all my stuff works good, try that and if it still dont work, well sh*t we'll think of somethin else.

Guest Ranger332

I used both but currently using DX-9

snapple,

I may be dumb but how do you install the patch correctly? I thought that you just clicked the exe and walla, everything installed into the correct directory? no?

i am not trying to be funny but i am still having major problems!

I can't do a format, wor lass won't allow it!

cheers

Marc

toonboy..try this...save all your added aircraft and terrains in a new folder and delete completely SF..make sure to get rid of everything even the folder if one is left in your C drive.defrag and scandisc. install game and start it up once...now install patch.where do you have your settings? check your sound settings and see where they are set.might need to lower them and try game,also check your video settings and see what they are set on...I have been running it with DX9 and no troubles.check your video and sound drivers also. and after you install the patch start game and make sure you have v 01.16.03 on your splash screen.

dagger,

Just uninstalled when you posted, registry cleaned, I don't have any terrains or anything else installed! Going to try everything else you suggested.

I am sure I will be back to let everyone know how I get on.

thanks for your tips

(I am bloody sick)

love the game though

cheers

Marc