Sign in to follow this  
Centurion-1

Interested in getting into WoE modding

Hey all!

I recently spotted WoE on the net and I've been looking all over for such a sim and it seems great! Now the only thing that bothers me is that its a bit one sided in the modeling of fighters, I'd be very much interested in making some eastern jets flyable like the MiG-29A/MiG-29S or the Su-27 to balance it out, but from what i've gathered these jets are already in the work? I have a about 1,5yr experience in modelling in 3ds Max as well as texturing so I think i'd do alright, ofcourse i'd need to read up alot on tutorials and so.

What do you the community think is needed in terms of eastern aircraft? I understand that many dont want them at all but those that do what'd you like to see?

Here is what i'd like to make:

1) Mig-29A/S but also more advanced versions like M2 or OVT to balance F22s and so

2) Su-30 Flanker series

3) Su-27 Flanker variants

4) MiG-23/27 cockpit?

:hi:

Su-27 -in the works by Marcfighter.

MiG-29A - in the works by Flying Toaster & Mirage Factory

MiG-27 - in the works by wpnssgt

But I would love to see the Su-30 in the game, specially the Indian Su-30MKI :biggrin: and as on opponent for the MKI, the Chinese Su-30MKK :spiteful: .

MiG-29OVT/35 would be great too, would ove to see it in Indian colours, specially now indications are coming that the MiG-35 could be a sure shot winner in the IAF MRCA deal.

and yes a MiG-23/27 cockpit would be great too.

Edited by ghostrider883

Guest capun

Centurion

IMHO what we need the most is virtual cockpit developers, right now there are not too many devs making them.

Also, I don't think we have a Su-17 or Su-22. They were heavily used and exported.

Centurion

IMHO what we need the most is virtual cockpit developers, right now there are not too many devs making them.

Also, I don't think we have a Su-17 or Su-22. They were heavily used and exported.

Capun,

There'a Su-17 in game, the one built by AD. But yes Su-22 would be a welcome addition as well :smile:

The Su-17 has been done by ArmourDave and is here at CA, its just a case of going through the downloads. The Su-30 is also in WIP by marcfighter. There are quite a few posts over at SimHQ showing his progress on the flankers but his site is down at the moment so you won't be able to see the screens.

hello and welcome!!! a 3d moddeler is always a good recruit :lol:

what we need at east :crazy: ?

we heavily need

1)a mig-23 cockpit (she's in the game as stock plane in woe and as a addon on sfp1)

2)a mig-27 cockpit (she's a a stock plane in woe)

3)a mig-17 cockpit (a stock plane in the entire sfp1 game series engine)

4)a mig-19 cockpit (a stock plane in the entire sfp1 game series engine)

there a lot of eastern plane in the sfp1 series.........but they are not flyable as stock planes (and it's a real mess)

(we already have a awesomes cockpits from mago for the mig-21 series and we have a su-17 with it's own pit))

But beware it seems that cockpit are really difficult to do and time consuming

But yes we definitely need cockpits for soviet planes!!!

Go for it we'll be definitely grateful for this !!!!

Go

Edited by Murphy'S

Guest capun

Oops, My bad about the Su-17. There are so many mods, I just can't remember all of them :(

International Air Power Review just had a good article on the Su-17/Su-22 family.

Capun has right!.. There is a lot of models without cockpit.. just pick your favorite plane and make a cokpit!

After I finish the MB326, I was thinking a cockpit for the B-66... nice challenge! :clapping:

Ok, by the sounds of perhaps I should make a MiG-23 / 27 cockpit first. It might be a good learning experience. If anyone has any good reference pic links or tutorial links it'd be great!

The Su-30 is also in WIP by marcfighter. There are quite a few posts over at SimHQ showing his progress on the flankers but his site is down at the moment so you won't be able to see the screens.

Marcelo's Su-30KI is actually a variant of the single seat Su-27, not a true dual seat Su-30.

I don't usually try to divert interest from rare Soviet or general non-USA planes or cockpits in western flight sims, and it has to be something very unusual for me to do so, and it is...B-70. The downward drooping wingtips for Mach 3 flight are the largest moving surfaces on any aircraft in history, and would be the largest moving or rotating objects in any flight sim model.

We already have the B-58. Just need someting for it to Chase. :crazy:

c568181a.jpg

Marcelo's Su-30KI is actually a variant of the single seat Su-27, not a true dual seat Su-30.

Aha oky doke Ghostrider. Also, just to note, he's got an Su-33 in WIP too. I believe called the Sea Flanker?

My want list in order of wantyness:

Su-24 (The Soviet F-111)

XF-108 Rapier

XB-70 Valkyrie

Avro Arrow

TSR.2

Weapons:

The Special Conventional weapons pod for the B-58 which was killed by McNamara. Basically, in the place where the Nuke was; there was to be a conventional rotary launcher capable of holding bombs, rockets, missiles, etc.

Edited by MKSheppard

Ok all ive found some great mig-23/27 resources on the net however there is a problem, as the plugins for Max are only for v. 3 or 4, but i have v. 5 and 7... I'd really like a sample pit in .max format to look at when building it to get scale right and all that. Do you know any modders who would perhaps be willing to collaborate?

Ok all ive found some great mig-23/27 resources on the net however there is a problem, as the plugins for Max are only for v. 3 or 4, but i have v. 5 and 7... I'd really like a sample pit in .max format to look at when building it to get scale right and all that. Do you know any modders who would perhaps be willing to collaborate?

There are plugins for 5 & 7 ask Capun he can explain it.

My want list in order of wantyness:

Su-24 (The Soviet F-111)

XF-108 Rapier

XB-70 Valkyrie

Avro Arrow

TSR.2

Weapons:

The Special Conventional weapons pod for the B-58 which was killed by McNamara. Basically, in the place where the Nuke was; there was to be a conventional rotary launcher capable of holding bombs, rockets, missiles, etc.

the Fencer is close to be released... Just ask WPNSGNT about its status ;)

the Fencer is close to be released... Just ask WPNSGNT about its status ;)

Ehhhh..what you say?

fencertz1.jpg

Woah oh now that looks dam good. Can't wait to fly this commie brute.