I'm having some problems with MFD's in my new cockpit. I simply can't get them to show up. Are there any guidlines model wise I need to be aware of?

I have these in the .ini but as I said, nothing shows up...

[RadarScope]

Type=RADAR_SCOPE

NodeName=Left_MFD

[RWR]

Type=RWR

NodeName=Right_Mini_Hud

Any cockpit gurus care to help me out? If need be I can send the airplane and model.

:slow(en):

Funny I keep hearing people bitch about how few cockpit modelers there are, but when someone shows an interest nothing comes of it.

But I digress.... anyone willing to help (resurected from a few months ago)

I wish I could help as I do not know a thing about cockpit building.

Appart form the COCKPIT.INI file, have you included the entries in AVIONICS.INI ? ([RadarData],[RadarDisplay...)

I feel your pain...

I'm presently struggling through my own "trial and error" method of figuring out the nuances of cockpit magic...

As gabilon stated previously...

1.) make sure your cockpit entries match your avionics.

2.) Make sure your textures are present in your cockpit folder and they are sized correctly.

Sorry... wish I could be more help, but I'm in a similar boat as yourself. :sorry:

wild idea,

but does YourPlane.ini have those entries :

AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll ( or Avionics70.dll )

AvionicsDataFilename=A-4E_avionics.ini (whatever your ini is called)

?

Hey thanks for the replies fellas. You've given me a number of things to try (which are probably stupid things I really should have caught, but hey, this whole thing is a learning experience.)

One thing I know I didn't do was copy the radar textures from the F-15 to the XI-2 folder, so that's probably it, I guess I figured they were universal textures stored in a central folder that all airplanes accessed. Guess not.

(ducks)