Sign in to follow this  
Mur

A question about HUD (hard play) in WOV

Hello to everyone,

I hope not bother you with my n-th question about radar and HUD display in WOV.

I play WOV with the patch 05XXYYY.

The question is: are you able to set the radar and the HUD in the hard play, in such a way that when a target is choosen the red square appears on it (it would be enough the square, not the red text that usually appears in the lower right corner of the screen), and when is locked the yellow rombus also appears?

I mean, have you watched films like "top gun"? when Maverik, as well as the MiGs, acquire a target, two circles appear on it and the fine sound "BEEEEEEEEEEEEE" tells that the target is locked and the missile can be shooted.

Is it possible to get a similar result in WOV?

hoping my question is clear.

bye!

Hello to everyone,

I hope not bother you with my n-th question about radar and HUD display in WOV.

I play WOV with the patch 05XXYYY.

The question is: are you able to set the radar and the HUD in the hard play, in such a way that when a target is choosen the red square appears on it (it would be enough the square, not the red text that usually appears in the lower right corner of the screen), and when is locked the yellow rombus also appears?

I mean, have you watched films like "top gun"? when Maverik, as well as the MiGs, acquire a target, two circles appear on it and the fine sound "BEEEEEEEEEEEEE" tells that the target is locked and the missile can be shooted.

Is it possible to get a similar result in WOV?

hoping my question is clear.

bye!

It is possible - if you look at some of the modern planes (F18, F16) for download on this site they have modern Head Up displays like the Top Gun one from the 1980's.

If you are playing WoV with stock planes before 1972 then none of them really had advanced Head up Displays and radars that worked like that.

As far as i know no one has bothered modding a 1960's plane with advanced avionics - mainly because I suppose they want to keep some realism in the game.

Also setting the Hard HUD to be like that would make it an EASY HUD really.

regards

It is possible - if you look at some of the modern planes (F18, F16) for download on this site they have modern Head Up displays like the Top Gun one from the 1980's.

If you are playing WoV with stock planes before 1972 then none of them really had advanced Head up Displays and radars that worked like that.

As far as i know no one has bothered modding a 1960's plane with advanced avionics - mainly because I suppose they want to keep some realism in the game.

Also setting the Hard HUD to be like that would make it an EASY HUD really.

regards

Hi coolhand and thanks a lot for your reply.

I would like to copy the F16 HUD to my F14: do you know how can I do?

thanks,

Mur

Hi coolhand and thanks a lot for your reply.

I would like to copy the F16 HUD to my F14: do you know how can I do?

thanks,

Mur

Hi Mur,

No I havnt really messed around with the avionics that much - I suspect you would need several files from the F16 cockpit and then make the relevent changes to the F14's avionics / data/ and cockpit ini files - so its not that straightforward.

It may be worth your while mailing the author of the F14 to see if the HUD is being updated already - I know the A7E hud has just been modifed to late 70's standards:

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bb...;f=145;t=004792

Perhaps they can also give you advice!

If you want to have a go yourself - then start with the knowledgebase on this site and search the forums.

Also search the forums at simhq - including the archive sections - there is so much information there!

Some things to note:

Only work on a backup copy of the F14 so it doesnt matter if you mess things up

You need to ask permission from the owners of the model files

i personally wouldnt use the F-16 hud i updated. Its not centered for normal huds because the boresight is at the top of the hud and not the middle.

i could probably send you an updated F-14A if you want

i personally wouldnt use the F-16 hud i updated. Its not centered for normal huds because the boresight is at the top of the hud and not the middle.

i could probably send you an updated F-14A if you want

Hi,

yes it would be very fine if you could send me an updated F-14A !!!

my email is marco.ruggieri@ba.infn.it

thanks a lot in advance!

IMHO the Mirage Factory's new F-15A HUD is one of the sexiest I've ever seen. I've made that one into my F-14A's HUD and also updated the Tomcat's radar based on the new one by MF (with new symbology, TWS/STT/ACM capabilities.)

hud.png

I'm a fan.

that´s what i´m askin for! :clapping:

please tell what i´ve to do!

Check your PMs

IMHO the Mirage Factory's new F-15A HUD is one of the sexiest I've ever seen. I've made that one into my F-14A's HUD and also updated the Tomcat's radar based on the new one by MF (with new symbology, TWS/STT/ACM capabilities.)

I'm a fan.

Hi Caesar,

could you please send me the instructions to make the new HUD system into my F14?

is it possible to make the change on my aircraft or do I need the permission of the creator (in this case the Mirage Factory) explicitely?

thanks a lot,

Mur

I'll send you the process in which I did it; to the best of my knowledge, unless you want to release a modified model of an a/c, you can tweak it in any way you please. If you couldn't, then a lot of people, including myself, are breaking an ethics code by giving our 'Cats LANTIRN and TARPS capabilities, along with new HUD/radar/RWRs without first consulting the MF!