Sign in to follow this  
galoub

F16 block 10 crashes my game and you?

Hi all

have a pb, i installed the last F16 block 10 and it may crash my both games (sfp1 and wov), i have the last weaponspack and last patch installed. it's not happening each time i play but sometimes i have ctd(i deleted shadows lines in data.ini file without any success). Is there an issue, did anybody have this pb, help me please because i love this plane...

(soory for my poor english hope you'll understand me :sorry: )

Sorry, but I have none with this aircraft. The only mod aircraft I've ever had a problem with were from the old Tornado pack, because of the high polygon counts in these models, which I've never been able to fix. I remember seeing another thread on a block 10 problem, however, so you might want to use the search function on this (General Discussion) and the mods and skinning chat board for F-16a problems.

Hi all

have a pb, i installed the last F16 block 10 and it may crash my both games (sfp1 and wov), i have the last weaponspack and last patch installed. it's not happening each time i play but sometimes i have ctd(i deleted shadows lines in data.ini file without any success). Is there an issue, did anybody have this pb, help me please because i love this plane...

(soory for my poor english hope you'll understand me :sorry: )

I have the Block 10 and it works okay for me in SF with Service Pack 4.

Do you get any error messages and what is the exact wording?

At what point does it crash the game? the loading screen? the weapons screen?

Bear in mind that WOV only goes to 1973 and so if you want to use the block 10 (1979) in that then you need to change the game dates in WOV if you havnt done so already.

I assume the other planes still work okay?

ps - make sure the nation is set to USAF in the data.ini file

First of all thx for your quick answers. Actually i said a wrong thing :

i have two install sfp1 whith all the latest patch sp4 included

and WOE merged with Wov patched too.

These crashes happen only after the loading when i choose the external view then i have a black screen and a windows error message, dont remember exactly the text as i delete the aircraft but it was something like a memory message. As i said it didn't happen every time. Sometimes everything runs fine then after the loading of another quick mission with another plane i have this black screen. However i will try the advises you told me hoping it works... :wink:

My machine

Amd XP 3200 +

Ati X800 pro

1024 Mo Ram

Win XP

First of all thx for your quick answers. Actually i said a wrong thing :

i have two install sfp1 whith all the latest patch sp4 included

and WOE merged with Wov patched too.

These crashes happen only after the loading when i choose the external view then i have a black screen and a windows error message, dont remember exactly the text as i delete the aircraft but it was something like a memory message. As i said it didn't happen every time. Sometimes everything runs fine then after the loading of another quick mission with another plane i have this black screen. However i will try the advises you told me hoping it works... :wink:

My machine

Amd XP 3200 +

Ati X800 pro

1024 Mo Ram

Win XP

Your PC is more than good enough to run the game - assuming you defrag it and run chkdisk on it when you need to.

If all your other planes work then try downloading the Block 10 again and remove the Block 10 you have currently - in case a file has been moved or something is corrupt.

just re-download the block 10 then tweaked it as you told me. i tested 2 or 3 missions which worked then after i still had this black screen i get the impression it's due to the external view it never crashes in cockpit view. I get very quick stranged effects when i switch to external view. :this:

All the others plane work fine never have this pb with them, anyway thx for the help

Edited by galoub

just re-download the block 10 then tweaked it as you told me. i tested 2 or 3 missions which worked then after i still had this black screen i get the impression it's due to the external view it never crashes in cockpit view. I get very quick stranged effects when i switch to external view. :this:

All the others plane work fine never have this pb with them, anyway thx for the help

Actually i have the same problem with some planes and heli's, but it seems to be random if it crashes or not.

I have it on the hind flying it myself no problem at all but when the ai fly's it and i go to it with the view key most of the time crash.

Target gets close then crashes, got a feeling it has to do with the level of detail files.

Actually i have the same problem with some planes and heli's, but it seems to be random if it crashes or not.

I have it on the hind flying it myself no problem at all but when the ai fly's it and i go to it with the view key most of the time crash.

Target gets close then crashes, got a feeling it has to do with the level of detail files.

Random crashes with no pattern could signify a game file or graphics driver problem

If it was me i would be checking out the graphics drivers - and if no joy reinstalling the game from scratch - backing up any mods you want to keep of course - and then installing the latest Direct X and SP4.

Of course check the PC for any spyware / viruses - or any processes trying to start when you are running the game.