Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Boycott Paris Airshow?

The latest news today is the fact that a US Senator will be introducing legislation that will pull US participation of the Paris Airshow. Currently the US comprises 40% of the contributors to the Airshow. The Legislation will also block any French Aid (in the form of French Business that would profit in any way) from assiting Iraq in any rebuilding process.

To quote Rodney King:  "Can't we just all get along"

The French annoy the daylights outta me, but I am not sure this is wise. Sounds too knee jerk to me and Congress excells at that. Isnt there an old saying that, "it isnt a fight till both sides swing." I think we would be a far better example to the world if we put aside our anger and demonstrated our quiet pride in ourselves, our equipment, and our achievements at the airshow.

F*CK! I wanted to go this year, then again I would be in hell since I've always hated the French. Ewwwwwwww, just the thought of those Frogs at Disney, with no deodorant on, makes me want to puke. Bunch of assholes. I wish they had never come back into NATO, they never do anything anyway, and if the commies had gone through Germany, the Frogs would've just surrendered immediatly.

I'd better stop now before I go on bantering.

Dont they realize if it wasnt for the good ol USA in WW2 (and WW1), then they would be speaking German right now. Maybe we should have let the commies have Germany and France years ago.

Damn this post is thread is killing me, everytime I see the word Paris, I see a big mushroom cloud in my head.

KILL A FRENCHMAN FOR HUMANITY!

Guest Ranger332

I fought with the Frence leagion in saudie the were good men one and all they also lent trucks to the 82 ABN so they could get to thier points during the war as 82 had no trans. there Gov held out during the first saudie war till the end then poured out all the help we asked for.

I may not have much for thier political ppl, but the fighting forces have served with us well.

Guest Ranger332

the leagion and the french Commando are there best and as far the the citizenship commit we have the same program here in the USA and have for meny years so whats your point. here its 8 years service total

4 active 4 reserve.

and as far as leaving one of us lol thats sorta hard to to when they were leading 82ABN into battle and there have been meny times in history that a unit was left behind.

In kafja at saudi the entire norht western sector of the US forces volenteered to go rescue them but was ordered not to it was the saudies and kawait forces that got the Marines.

Latest news is that France is going to join with the US effort - they're sending troops to Iraq to show Saddam how to surrender...:-(..!