Sign in to follow this  
streakeagle

ED releases plugins to permit adding new aircraft

I found this on another forum and was wondering why it isn't posted here?

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=18234

LOMAC Tools for 3DS MAX 7

LOMAC Tools is the tools used in ED for converting 3D models to the internal LOM format for LOMAC. It version worked with 3D MAX 7.0 only.

CDDS studio for creating textures CDDS files.

LOCKON Viewer for overview *.CMD and *.LOM models and check draw arguments.

This is still a long way from being "open source" since I don't see a way to add new cockpits and flight models. But this is a huge step forward in that direction! Perhaps one day, LOMAC will be more like SFP1/WOV/WOE, i.e. able to accurately support a wide variety of flyable aircraft throughout various time frames.

For those interested in what's going on, this seems to be the place to go:

http://www.lockon-models.com/

As with SFP1/WOV/WOE, the French are making a strong showing already having Mirages imported into LOMAC:

ScreenShot_092.jpg

Edited by streakeagle

Will there be fixes for the problem that weren't fixed after v1.02? Or will those still be "pay for FC to get those fixes"?

Will there be fixes for the problem that weren't fixed after v1.02? Or will those still be "pay for FC to get those fixes"?

Blame UBI for the fixes. Your EULA for Lock On: Modern Air Combat is a "contract" with UBISoft. They fired ED so I doubt that contractually there can be any fixes. You're complaining to the wrong entity. ED spokesman Matt Wagner stated that they are not allowed to touch anything relating to original LOMAC code, as they were "dismissed" from that project. When Black Shark is released you'll receive all the "fixes" that were in Flaming Cliffs, even if you didn't buy Flaming Cliffs.

That's a fact Growler, so now what are you going to complain about?

ok, random question, but will you be able to but blackshark and get all the content of FC, thus saving the need to have FC, or if you want to play with FC owners, will you also need both FC and blackshark.

Btw, does BSR have a website? i loved the no fear video that came out a few years ago.

regards

Mac

Btw, does BSR have a website? i loved the no fear video that came out a few years ago.

Yes, it's www.teambsr.com. Both LOC and I have several videos available for download at Lockonfiles.com. My F-16 vid Viper Drivers has several cockpit shots with a viper cockpit in Lock On. I did some creative editing and it looks like in game footage.