Sign in to follow this  

Ego Evolo Relucesco!

(I Fly Once Again!)

post-29250-1194722251_thumb.jpg

...and I think this one looks a bit better. More blended and less part-heavy.

Hope I didn't scare anyone!

(P.S. Thanks for standing by me!!)

oh nice model there.

now i hope you make technical drawings so i could scratch build a 1/72 scale model of it, and if you have, the F/A-37 talon technical drawings too.

i would build for anyone who would like to have a commemorative scale models of those planes at a very resonable price, of usually $8, plus shipping.

i tried building a scale model of the talon, but since i lack detailed scale technical drawings, it was temporarily shelved.

but, i have completed the forward fuselage section......

i would resume immediately after finding a scaled tech drawing.

Here are in-development pictures from msfs 2002 with Carrier Ops (Flight Deck 3).post-29250-1195075408_thumb.jpg

post-29250-1195075421_thumb.jpg

post-29250-1195075449_thumb.jpg

Hope these are clearer than the pics of the last one.

IT LIVES!...again!

Very nice. I guess that if can take off of a carrier in FS then it won't be the typical flying rock you can find.

Since it is still WIP I presume that the canopy is next? And I presume that you got gear up and flaps up as well?

Here are in-development pictures from msfs 2002 with Carrier Ops (Flight Deck 3).post-29250-1195075408_thumb.jpg

post-29250-1195075421_thumb.jpg

post-29250-1195075449_thumb.jpg

Hope these are clearer than the pics of the last one.

nice!!!!

are you deving one up for thirdwire?

it would be nice to have edi in my flight ops....

and some movie shots too....

eta for sf version?

SFG Version is going to be a bit longer, simply down to level of experience. Have been modding for FSDS for years now, but have only just started learning SFG. Currently attempting to UVW Map the model, but that isn't going too well. 3DS Doesn't seem to want to do what I want.

Please bear with me.

IT LIVES!...again!

Very nice. I guess that if can take off of a carrier in FS then it won't be the typical flying rock you can find.

Since it is still WIP I presume that the canopy is next? And I presume that you got gear up and flaps up as well?

It will surprise you to know that the canopy is there in the pictures. However, down to a material tweak too far, I made the canopy glass a little too clear. This is my next task in the ongoing EDI FS/SF saga. The gear has working wheels, and has had the gear doors mapped for separation, so animated gears aren't far off either. Neither is the cockpit luge opening/closing animation

The problem is going to be the Aeroelastic Control surfaces (DAMN YOU ROB COHEN!!!). The shape of the wings is such that standard, hinged control surfaces animated to mimic aeroelasticity just don't cut it. I am still having aeroelastics, as I am stubborn and won't be beaten by something as simple as difficulty, it's just that the method i am going to be using is going to require a part heirarchy longer than an extremely long thing.

As for the SFG version, I have not forgotten it (just thought I'd mention it before this topic gets moved). I am currently re-working the animations, and attempting to understand UVW texture mapping. I am also making some lower detailed models for the .LOD system of draw distance.

Thank you for the continued support amd advice. I assure you it will all be worth it in the end.

What other things have you made for FS?

The Aerolastics will be tough but I'm sure you'll make it. Now that you mentioned it I can see the very outline of the canopy.

post-29250-1195160377_thumb.jpg

Here is a small cross-section of the 100+ projects (Some unfinished, some requiring minor tweaks, all requiring textures) residing in development hell on my hard-drive.

Is there anything in particular you are interested in finding?

post-29250-1195160377_thumb.jpg

Here is a small cross-section of the 100+ projects (Some unfinished, some requiring minor tweaks, all requiring textures) residing in development hell on my hard-drive.

Is there anything in particular you are interested in finding?

P.1154 seems nice. As does the TSR.2. Alphasim made one, so did did Kaz Ito.

ooohhh wow!!!

batllestar galactica!!!!!

Cylon fighter!!!

sick!!!!!

i hope you make em all for sf soon.

good damn work!!!

know of 3d files of yukikaze anime fighter jets?

Sorry to come to you with my cap in my hand for assistance, but has anyone any tips on the LOD system?

Do I have to build lots of separate models at varying levels of detail, or is there a function I can use to lower the detail level via 3DSMax?

It's not that I am looking for an easy way, just clarification of the method before I proceed.

Will appreciatre any help anyone can give.

Thanks guys!

Moorkey back on the air.

I am finally, as of Monday, going to be able to get back on track with the UCAV EDI Project. I have, since December, been without my computer as it finally bit the big one. Sadly it is gone without hope of repair.

On the bright side, I am getting a new one.

On a brighter side, both the MSFS and SF versions survived the crash and will be progressed at short order.

-Moorkey.

oh nice model there.

now i hope you make technical drawings so i could scratch build a 1/72 scale model of it, and if you have, the F/A-37 talon technical drawings too.

i would build for anyone who would like to have a commemorative scale models of those planes at a very resonable price, of usually $8, plus shipping.

i tried building a scale model of the talon, but since i lack detailed scale technical drawings, it was temporarily shelved.

oh nice model there.

post-32853-1210898297_thumb.jpg

quote name='DANZ300ZX' date='May 15 2008, 06:08 PM' post='160121']

post-32853-1210899938_thumb.jpgpost-32853-1210899954_thumb.jpg

HERE'S SOME MORE PICS FOR YOUR FA-37 MODEL!!post-32853-1210900223_thumb.jpg

HERE'S SOME MORE PICS FOR YOUR FA-37 MODEL!!

whoa, thanks, just some enlargement, and im ready to build the rc model..

sum1 on forum.zealot.com is planning to make a paper model too..

whoa, thanks, just some enlargement, and im ready to build the rc model..

sum1 on forum.zealot.com is planning to make a paper model too..

IF YOU NEED MORE PICS SEND YOUR EMAIL AND I'LL SEND WHAT I GOT!!DANZ300ZX@AOL.COM

Nice schematics DANZ300ZX! Might give 'em a shot after I have finished EDI.

Update for everyone following the progress on EDI. Have almost finished the FSDS model, so it is, as a result, almost ready to be converted for SF:G.

It would have been sooner, but I wasn't happy with the main fuselage section, so I deleted it and re-made t. I think it looks more accurate, especially around the cockpit. What do you all think?n688483698_436796_4443.jpg

n688483698_436902_2813.jpg

p.s. I am uploading the pics via Facebook as when I attempt a direct reply using the normal buttons, my internet explorer crashes. Has anyone else had this problem?

Nope.

I use FireFox.

:biggrin:

Is that the .64.D version? :rofl:

EDIT: I accidentally replied to a post with pics.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Nice schematics DANZ300ZX! Might give 'em a shot after I have finished EDI.

Update for everyone following the progress on EDI. Have almost finished the FSDS model, so it is, as a result, almost ready to be converted for SF:G.

It would have been sooner, but I wasn't happy with the main fuselage section, so I deleted it and re-made t. I think it looks more accurate, especially around the cockpit. What do you all think?n688483698_436796_4443.jpg

n688483698_436902_2813.jpg

p.s. I am uploading the pics via Facebook as when I attempt a direct reply using the normal buttons, my internet explorer crashes. Has anyone else had this problem?

IF YOUR VERSION OF THE FA-37 TALON IS AS GOOD AS YOUR E.DI. THEN YOU DEFINELY GOT TO GO FOR IT !!MAYBE MAKE ALL 3 FA-37 TALONS!! EITHER WAY YOU HAVE CREATED A SPECTACULAR E.D.I. AIRCRAFT !!!!KEEP UP THAT AMAZING WORK!!!