Sign in to follow this  
Vex

Joy stick input

Has anyone run into this? The main control screen works fine for assigning the stick and rudders. I was wondering why the keyboard mappings section will not work in taking the stick (hotas) inputs for assignment. All it will give me is the same controller number, something like "button 3". Do I have to hand do it by editing the config file for the assingments?

Thanks!

Vex

Hey Vex, welcome to BioHazard!!! I just posted an article myself on the Mapping issue. We may be having the same probs here. What kind of stick are you using? You may want to plug that one in somewhere :D.

>>>-------Injun_01----------> outta here........<<S>>

Hey thanks for the welcome! I have a Saitek X-45 and a pair of CH USB rudders. Your right, I could just leave everything default and program the buttons in the X-45 software but I'll have to hand edit the hat stuff. Or I can figure out how SF sees the stick and hand edit.

Vex

The easiest way to deal with key mappings right now that I've found is to just edit the file manually.

The file you need to edit is in your control directory, mine is at C:Strike FightersControlsDefault.ini. Open it up with notepad and edit to your hearts content, after making a backup of course. :lol:

Here's my hat mappings:

SNAP_VIEW_FRONT=NUMPAD8

SNAP_VIEW_FRONT_RIGHT=JOYSTICK01_POV01_UPRIGHT

SNAP_VIEW_RIGHT=JOYSTICK01_POV01_RIGHT

SNAP_VIEW_REAR_RIGHT=JOYSTICK01_POV01_DOWNRIGHT

SNAP_VIEW_REAR_LEFT=JOYSTICK01_POV01_DOWNLEFT

SNAP_VIEW_LEFT=JOYSTICK01_POV01_LEFT

SNAP_VIEW_FRONT_LEFT=JOYSTICK01_POV01_UPLEFT

SNAP_VIEW_UP=JOYSTICK01_POV01_UP

SNAP_VIEW_DOWN=JOYSTICK01_POV01_DOWN

Just look through the file, it's pretty easy to understand.

Vex, I've got an X45 setup, every button I mapped worked fine. But I would follow what MADJEFF said and map them in Notepad.

BTW, I'm running this on a WIN98SE platform, What OS are you usiing? it maybe the difference.

BirdDogg.

Thanks MadJeff and BirdDogg, thats what I'll do. I'll go down the list and enter the assignments. My OS is XP pro. The problems seems to be that the keyboard mapping control is getting a constant input signal that triggers the assignment from the stick. Maybe its the way it is listening to the USB controller in XP. Thanks for all the help guys :)

Vex

Ok question here..

in the X45 defaults when setting up..it uses a direct x buttons..so lets say I want to assign the gear to a certain button..could I use the designation Directx Button 20?

DK