Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

clouds Version 2 preview..opinions please

ok heres a quick look at the clouds as I'm continuing to try and bring a real looking sky to our beloved SF..what do you think?

those look great :D they layers look each time more realistic

-BUT-

one cloud layer that IMO didn't like much was too repetitive, the same thing over and over again and in some parts that you were supposed to be see-through they were black. Know which one I'm talking about? One thing you could try doing is to duplicate the image size (let's say its 256*256, double it to 512*512) and make some differences between the clouds so that they do not look to repetitive. About the blacks spots, i don't know what i could suggest.....

..and good luck! Those are really looking great. Keep at it.

Thanks...thats what I need to hear...I'm trying to fix the problem you mentioned.Yes I know the one you're talking about.

The individual cloud layer "tiles" are already 512x512. Your not going to get any better random pattern by making them larger since no matter what size you make them, the game will scale them back to 512x512. By upping the size you will only gain a higher rez in the same area. You will also have a performance hit.

exactly...I'm working on a set of tiles that will work better...bare with me as this alot harder than I orginionally thought.Theres over 50 cloud files and then theres the ini files.I don't know how yall do this everyday!

where can i download the sky effects???? thanks biosurge

front page of biohaz in the downloads/effects they go in your Flight folder.

ok I know they are still kinda repetitive but they are a big step I believe in the right direction.thoughts?

ok heres a little in the broken clouds..I'm happy with the way these are going...might do a little more tweaking to the ini

almost home!! :D