Sign in to follow this  
SkorpioN

Ejection seats and structural damage.

Hi guys!

Just to give a bit of activity to the forum, as I see it a little forgotten.

I want to ask the team for news about the ejection seats and if you could post screenshots or videos of them in action.

I’d also like to know about the structural damage of the models, if they have been improved or have added something new.

Thank you! :good:

Saludos!

Edited by SkorpioN

Hi guys!

Just to give a bit of activity to the forum, as I see it a little forgotten.

I want to ask the team for news about the ejection seats and if you could post screenshots or videos of them in action.

I’d also like to know about the structural damage of the models, if they have been improved or have added something new.

Thank you! :good:

Saludos!

Hi SkorpioN,

The structural damage of the models is just recently starting to work as planned - previously it was plagued by annoying glitches, like ripped off parts of the structure that never fall back to ground, this is fixed now - but the system still needs a few important touches like fuel leaks, hydraulical leaks, and strong effects of airframe damage in the flight model.

A new pylon / weapons system is being integrated now as well. Previously, a fired weapon (missile or bomb) was made to 'spawn' in front of the plane and proceed with its flight - of course, this was terrible and the reason we have mostly 'free flight' videos until now. Now a pylon system script is integrated so we can take off with different loadouts and the weapon release is from pylon as it should be. As a matter of testing, the ejector seats could be added in this system as a vertically launched object starting at cockpit position. They will eject upwards with smoke trail and all, with an animation showing pilot separation and parachute opening later.

cool..yall are making what could well be the benchmark flight sim.

Talking about fuel leaks:

Sanchez.jpg

Argentine Air Force's Douglas A-4B, flown by Alférez Dellepiane, comes back limping after having its fuel tanks peppered by shrapnel and AAA -thus losing all of its fuel-, over Bluff Cove on June 8th, 1982. As soon as the emergency was declared, an Air Force KC-130H was sent over to refuel the aircraft in flight, in order to keep the Skyhawk flying. You can see several fuel leaks from the A-4B leaving their trails. Both aircraft arrived safely at the mainland.

http://www.aviationart.com.ar/eng/mil_8.htm

Saludos!

Talking about ejection,

Most of pilots who had a urgency to eject say that while ejection time compresses. So from the eyes of a pilot it looks slow motioned. There is no such a sim where is was shown.

It would be great if this is shown in this sim.

Talking about ejection,

Most of pilots who had a urgency to eject say that while ejection time compresses. So from the eyes of a pilot it looks slow motioned. There is no such a sim where is was shown.

In a perfect world I would like to integrate in Jet Thunder the ejector seat simulator - the graphics aren't great but the simulation itself is very realistic and the better feature is the pre-set scenarios based on real-world ejections that happened in famous air shows or other situations.

http://ejectionseat.com.ne.kr/emain.htm

Talking about ejection,

How?

In a Multiplayercomabt should everyone slows down just because of one Pilot having this SlowMotion?

Wouldn't bee cool, believe me.