Sign in to follow this  
Rainstorm

Can't fire my Sparrows

hi to all. i'm a noob to this game, and have installed the latest service pack and patches. my question is, why won't my sparrows fire? sidewinders are fine but my sparrows will not fire. any suggestions? thanks.

hi to all. i'm a noob to this game, and have installed the latest service pack and patches. my question is, why won't my sparrows fire? sidewinders are fine but my sparrows will not fire. any suggestions? thanks.

Chk and see if your radar is set on hard in options.Sometimes you hav'ta have a radar lock in order to fire radar guided missiles,it's more realistic.

I suggest that you read the excellent radar tutorial by Streakeagle in our knowledge base. It explains the workings of the F-4 radar, which you'll need to learn in order to effectively use any radar-guided missile.

I suggest that you read the excellent radar tutorial by Streakeagle in our knowledge base. It explains the workings of the F-4 radar, which you'll need to learn in order to effectively use any radar-guided missile.

thanks guys. i'll try that.

it's very simple broo!!!!

activate u'r radar first, try spot the blip on u'r radar n then press "home" to select u'r target have identified who's u'r target is then press insert to lock u'r sparrow(make sure to set u'r radar to search mode)if u are in range then it should read "in range" on your panel with green light on :good:

There is a bug with SFG I've noticed where sometimes after a fresh install and complete patching, some key binds won't work. I have the same problem as you right now in that my Active and Semi-Active missles won't fire, but that's because it won't allow me to acquire a radar lock. Even though I've used the same key binds with a previous install, for some reason they won't work, even though I've got the correct radar mode up, I'm pressing the right keys, using different, appropriate aircraft (Try getting a radar lock with a Skyraider and you're in for a long arvo, :tongue:), I get nada. What patch are you using?

Guest capun
There is a bug with SFG I've noticed where sometimes after a fresh install and complete patching, some key binds won't work. I have the same problem as you right now in that my Active and Semi-Active missles won't fire, but that's because it won't allow me to acquire a radar lock. Even though I've used the same key binds with a previous install, for some reason they won't work, even though I've got the correct radar mode up, I'm pressing the right keys, using different, appropriate aircraft (Try getting a radar lock with a Skyraider and you're in for a long arvo, :tongue:), I get nada. What patch are you using?

Are you talking about stock key commands or customized? Also are the keys set to a multi-button joystick?

When you do a fresh install, the customized contol set-up gets lost.

Are you talking about stock key commands or customized? Also are the keys set to a multi-button joystick?

When you do a fresh install, the customized contol set-up gets lost.

No it's keyboard but I remapped the keys after I finished the patching. I had this problem once before when I first applied the 30/08/06 patch ("patch8"). Only fixed it with a re-install which is what I might have to do here.

I think it's got something to do with with the latest patch because I now have the same problem with WoV.

Here's what I'm doing:

Using an F-4E as an example. I take off, fly to usually to second, maybe last waypoint BEFORE the target waypoint, that way I should be within radar range of any aerial targets. I activate my radar, put it into search mode and select my SAHM. Now, before I added the patch, I would target the hostile (y was my targetting key). When close enough to acquire the hostile, I would do so (in my case, alt+y), then fire. I'd follow the missile, making sure I was still on target and wait for a hit. After the hit, I'd cycle through availabe targets with y. I just tried it then with various aircraft (F-4E, F-14A, F-5E, Mig-29) but no joy. Could it be that the latsest patch doesn't like re-mapped keys?