Sign in to follow this  
atoll1

AGM114 Hellfire and Euromissiles on racks

Does anyone else find that their hellfires and euromissiles are misaligned on the racks/pylons (e.g., on the AH-1W) with for example, more than 2 missiles in the same position, or missiles hanging below the pylons?

Could this be a result of the weapon’s positioning in the weapondata or the aircraft data file?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. :ok:

since there isn't any HOT missiles yet released so they used AGM114 instead to replace the HOT missiles!!

what do u mean by "2 missiles in the same position, or missiles hanging below the pylons?"??

is it 2 different missile in a rack or same missile placed in a rack consists of 4 missiles??

since there isn't any HOT missiles yet released so they used AGM114 instead to replace the HOT missiles!!

what do u mean by "2 missiles in the same position, or missiles hanging below the pylons?"??

is it 2 different missile in a rack or same missile placed in a rack consists of 4 missiles??

Whoops - sorry I wasn't clear.

It's the same missile placed in a rack.

So instead of seeing 4 missiles in a rack, I would see only 2 missiles (though it still functions as 4 missiles when firing). I know they're overlapping because you can just see the fins of the overlapping one sticking out at a slightly different angle. Alternately, while I haven't tested for a pattern, I would sometimes see the missiles hanging at a position that is even lower than the lowest pylon so that there is a noticeable gap.

I wonder if to fix it, whether it can be done via the weapondata or aircraft data files, or whether it's part of the model. Thanks again.

owhhhh i see it now!!!

maybe you could do some modification on aircraftsdata file. i pick an example from lynx AH7

[LeftWeaponStation1]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-1.5059,-0.9919,0.3766<<<<<<<<<<<<here

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,180.0<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<here

DiameterLimit=

LengthLimit=

LoadLimit=100.0

AllowedWeaponClass=LGR,EOGR,WGR

AttachmentType=UK

ModelNodeName=

PylonMass=2

there's 2 weapons pylon for this helo consists of 8 HOT missiles

you could do some trial n error for the modifications so gut luck :ok:

Guest capun

Assuming that you are talking about the 4-missile launcher since there is no way to hang two missiles in a pylon without a rack; then you are going the wrong path. The Weapon station location is where the 4-launcher rack is mounted too. The actual location of the missiles in the launcher are set with the weapon editor via the WeaponData.ini entry

It will help if you mention what weapon rack you are using since there are several 4-launcher Hellfire racks in the weapons pack, also if you are using the newest weapons pack.

The newest rack changed a bit how the Hellfires are defined and how the rack works. Previously there was a rack with dummy missiles, now it should be an empty rack where you can hang 4 Hellfires

The Hellfires also changed to a WGR (Wire guided Rockets), I think previously they were declared EOGR or LGR. You may have to add ATR to the AllowedWeaponsClass to allow the new rack and change the Loadout.ini

The Lynx has a dedicated 4-launcher pylon built-in the 3D Model

Edited by capun

Assuming that you are talking about the 4-missile launcher since there is no way to hang two missiles in a pylon without a rack; then you are going the wrong path. The Weapon station location is where the 4-launcher rack is mounted too. The actual location of the missiles in the launcher are set with the weapon editor via the WeaponData.ini entry

It will help if you mention what weapon rack you are using since there are several 4-launcher Hellfire racks in the weapons pack, also if you are using the newest weapons pack.

The newest rack changed a bit how the Hellfires are defined and how the rack works. Previously there was a rack with dummy missiles, now it should be an empty rack where you can hang 4 Hellfires

The Hellfires also changed to a WGR (Wire guided Rockets), I think previously they were declared EOGR or LGR. You may have to add ATR to the AllowedWeaponsClass to allow the new rack and change the Loadout.ini

The Lynx has a dedicated 4-launcher pylon built-in the 3D Model

Thanks folks!

And thanks for clarifying what I should clarify! ;) This part is new to me, and I'm not sure how to check which weapon rack is being used. I saw the anomaly when using the hellfires with the AH-1W. And yes, I am using the latest weapons pack (3 Jul 06). Meanwhile, I'll check on the allowed weapons class that ATR is ther, but since I was able to select hellfires in the loadout screen, I suspect the allowed weapons class is ok, but I'll check...thanks.