Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

Some people shouldn't have access to the internet...

Well,it seems to me a good parent grasping at straws to regain control of his children.He's going by a 'crash course' so to speak.I'm not gonna put the guy down but,it's extreme to the point of panick on his part.

Good parent grasping at straws? It was a pretty good parody of how far some people go in the name of protecting "the children." Maybe he's right, though, and the reason I haven't been able to get better at hacking is because I have an American-made Intel CPU, with its integrated anti-hacking properties. I'm definitely buying the inferior foreign Intel-knockoff known as AMD next time!

The scary thing is that I've seen parent groups site this article as guide for parents looking to 'curb' their children's internet usage.

I personally like the 9th point, where he describes ravers as being hackers. I'm a raver and I know jack about programing. I do know how to bounce around with glowsticks like a moron though!

Good joke. This cannot be for real, its too hysterical! Computers and 'young people' have been interacting for some time now, where did this guy suddenly appear from? How did he grow to adulthood in such an ignorant state? I just do not believe it.

BTW: Neuromancer is a great book, clearly this guy never read it.

This Entire article has to be a joke I mean look at #6 using Quake and learning about Firearms LOL!! keep your Firearms locked up, what he went from being a hacker to know a mass murderer.

The Internet Funny as heck!! :rofl:

Nah... The more fanatical parents groups here also believe Battlefield and so on are training the future columbine killers. The funniest part about all this is that it WAS a piss take site, except... The irony was lost on the number of increasingly fanatical contributors and bloggers associated with the site, including various church and family groups, so the site was shut down.

I added the link about "Hackers" only because back in February(I think it was Feb), a member of the Senate here in Oz, one Senator Stephen Fielding(Nutjob--Family First Party), when commenting on a need to introduce tougher policing of the internet and parental supervision, quoted this source word for word in places, about the dangers of the internet and videogames. It was pretty entertaining as it marked the beginning of the "Rightwing Nutjob" era of Australian politics.

You see, until now, the political spectrum has been Moderates on one end and conservatives on the other (We've never really entertained "radicals" since the Communist party was outlawed). Now we too have Nutjobs! I have to say though, it was entertaining watching this on Question Time (The televised sitting of parliament), particularly when Senator Fielding (N-FF)made the reference to Linux being devolped by a former Soviet software engineer. Even the Coalition senators (The conservatives here) were shaking their heads in embarrassment...

Well that is truly astonishing. The article was taken seriously and extracts quoted?!!!!! These freaks are really terrifying.