Sign in to follow this  
Guest capun

Fiat/Aeritalia G.91Y "Gina"

Guest capun

The SFP1 Dev A-Team (capun, Gramps, Charles, Kesselbrut & The Wrench) present the Fiat/Aeritalia G.91Y "Gina"

Please read the installation instructions carefully, specially the Designer Notes.

Model by capun, Textures by Gramps, FM by Charles, Hangar & Loading Screen by The Wrench. Virtual Cockpit by Zur.

Model based on the F-86D Dog Sabre by Zurawski (www.zur-tech.com) who kindly provided his source file.

Many thanks to all devs who contributed to this project. Please read the Installation instructions file for a complete list of contributors.

While I upload it at CombatAce and AVSIM , you can get it here

SkunkWorks

G91Y-01.jpg

G91Y-02.jpg

G91Y-03.jpg

G91Y-04.jpg

Wow, this came out of nowhere ...

Long awaited birds. :smile:

Guest capun

Buff

If you go to my site, there is a link to our team's WIP as part of the full modder community WIP. It used to be a sticky at SimHQ but no longer. We keep ours up to date, but not for the rest of the list.

Hi, I have tried your G-91 models (R and Y) and I have found some errors.

The first is the nose of the two models. In your models it to be like to the F-86K.

The second is the panel, it is for the the F-86K but the G-91’s (model R) panel is far away from the F-86K.

The G-91Y panel (in your model) hasn’t the indicators for the 2 J85 (such as the F-5). If you want, you can use the F-104G gauges (such as the PHI or the RPM indicator).

Regards

G-91Y (Yankee) panel

post-15773-1164019855_thumb.jpg

G-91Y at Amendola (32° Stormo)

post-15773-1164019897_thumb.jpg

G-91Y oxygenist operation at Cervia (8° Stormo)

post-15773-1164019986_thumb.jpg

G-91R panel from Dash One

post-15773-1164020072_thumb.jpg

Guest capun
Hi, I have tried your G-91 models (R and Y) and I have found some errors.

The first is the nose of the two models. In your models it to be like to the F-86K.

The second is the panel, it is for the the F-86K but the G-91’s (model R) panel is far away from the F-86K.

The G-91Y panel (in your model) hasn’t the indicators for the 2 J85 (such as the F-5). If you want, you can use the F-104G gauges (such as the PHI or the RPM indicator).

Regards

Did you read the installation instructions? It said that we are using the pit from Zur's F-86 and the model is based of Zur's F-86D Dog Sabre.

I don't know if you are familiar with this game but virtual cockpits take about 4x to do than model and there are probably about 2 or 3 pit modders right now. So we use an existing pit to get the model flying.

And btw, we are always looking for pit modders, are you up to it?

Edited by capun

Yes, I always read the installation notes but I want to help you and your team to make a beautiful G-91, not a merged F-86D/G-91, on more the books, the G-91 is also called "The Small Sabre" but, the G-91 has a little bit of the F-86.

I use Strike Fighters from may 2006 and Wings Over Europe from october 2006. Unfortunately I'm not a pit modder for SF series but I can mod the panel for Flight Simulator. In FS, there is a file called panel.cfg where there are all coordinates (X,Y,dimension) of all gauges and to change one of these simply cut and paste the name of a new gauge.

I'm not here to make the teacher, I haven't the knowledge to say about the model or other I only have put some photos of the real G-91R/Y to help you to make more real, not a simple game.

Sorry for my english.

post-15773-1164058366_thumb.jpg

Guest Sony Tuckson

making nice mods takes time

but well, we have time....

Extremely cool ac. Drove it first time on the armed recon mission with 4 rockeyes. Completed the mission on the first pass. Bravo Zulu mate! :ph34r: CL

post-11823-1164059807_thumb.jpg

making nice mods takes time

but well, we have time....

Well it seems, mate...

Thanks Typhoon to give us real pics of the plane and cockpit. :smile:

Awsim addition. Thanks.

The missing G.91 cockpit texture discussed at simhq may be caused by enlarged Field Of View settings (Viewlist file), and not the cockpit.ini look angle settings. Zur mentioned that he/she does not see the missing texture with "my default" field of view (or zoom). The SF+ sim ships out-of-box with a default "default" FOV set to 60 degrees -- FOV=60.0 -- this "default" or "starting" FOV is what you start in-game with, and this *default default* is 60 degrees. I think Zur is using the limited "default" view of 60 degrees. Are others using something different like a non-default "default" of 90 degrees? That's what I do. Hope this helps, if it was a language mixup.

Tip:: One may place a small 3D object, say a small rocket or other object LOD that is not otherwise used, and repaint the bmp skin to match the untextured cockpit area. I haven't gotten this small before, but I have placed the oil drum behind the pilot's seat as I like to look back far more then normally allowed, and the drum blocks you from seeing the terrain below and behind your seat from the rear-open cockpit 3D model (assuming fuselage model is turned OFF when in cockpit, which is needed in some aircraft).

B-36 soon? -- just a few polys for the kitchen sink, stove, sleeping quarters, gym, and library will do fine. Thanks. :tomato:

B-36 soon? -- just a few polys for the kitchen sink, stove, sleeping quarters, gym, and library will do fine. Thanks.

It better come with a cup holder and an ashtray, or I ain't flying it!!!! :lol:

Wouldn't the "library" be the magazine rack in the lavatory???

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Other photos

G-91Y at Vigna di Valle museum (Roma)

post-15773-1164274461_thumb.jpg

G-91T at Vigna di Valle museum (Roma)

post-15773-1164274620_thumb.jpg

Kudos to the design crew. Very well done!