Sign in to follow this  
SHOOT54

Strike Fighter Keeps Crashing and freezing

Since I purchased Strike Fighter some weeks back. I have been in the midst of crashes freezes and general mayhem. :crazy: So that anyone who sees this will know. I am running a brand new P-4 Intel duo core 3 gig a hertze processor, 1 gig of ram, x200 video, 9c directx and have updated my motherboard with the latest upgrades and also the latest upgrades for the x200. I have updated the games with every patch that has been offered and still encounter the same issues at no particular time during the games running. So if you have a clue as to what maybe going on, then I am all ears. I really don't get to enjoy the game because i have little opportunity too, since these situations keep arising. Thank you in advance. :wink:

"x200 video" -- I assume this means you use integrated graphics and don't have a graphics card installed in your computer? If so, you'll keep having problems until you install a dedicated graphics card.

What brand is an x200 video card? Forgive my lack of knowledge there. Also, is the version of directx 9c the April '06 version, or later? I run SFP Gold, WOV, and WOE with all sorts of different downloads, terrain and airplanes, without game crashes on a laptop with a shared video chip (not the ideal set up), except for the well known crash from the early Tornado pack. I'm sure if you can give some of the more computer literate folks here more specific info on your system, they may be able to help. It seems like your system should be able to run it, since it seems a better system than mine.

What brand is an x200 video card? Forgive my lack of knowledge there. Also, is the version of directx 9c the April '06 version, or later? I run SFP Gold, WOV, and WOE with all sorts of different downloads, terrain and airplanes, without game crashes on a laptop with a shared video chip (not the ideal set up), except for the well known crash from the early Tornado pack. I'm sure if you can give some of the more computer literate folks here more specific info on your system, they may be able to help. It seems like your system should be able to run it, since it seems a better system than mine.

The x-200 is a Radeon but I have been told its more a chipset than a real card. So somehow I think there maybe the snag. I have all the upgrades and it still freezes. I have reloaded it about 8 times now thinking I have done something wrong. But to no avail. As I said this system is brand new and runs much more ram intensive than this basic flight sim. I love the game but it is getting me, really in a rut. Since I am an ex-pilot of the jet age and love the era.

The x-200 is a Radeon but I have been told its more a chipset than a real card. So somehow I think there maybe the snag. I have all the upgrades and it still freezes. I have reloaded it about 8 times now thinking I have done something wrong. But to no avail. As I said this system is brand new and runs much more ram intensive than this basic flight sim. I love the game but it is getting me, really in a rut. Since I am an ex-pilot of the jet age and love the era.

At what point is the game freezing? do you get any error messages - tbh this is one of the most stable games ive played - modding can cause problems sometimes - although even then the problem can be fixed.

You do not need a high end system for this game - but a 32MB graphics card is a requirement.

My Pc a HP Pavillion came has a Radeon XPress 200 board chipset but came with a PCI Express Nvidia Geforce 6200 graphics card installed.

in fact I think the chipset is there to help the card: http://techreport.com/reviews/2004q4/radeo...00/index.x?pg=1

To check what you actually have in Win XP:

Go to Start -> All Programs ->Accessories-> System Tools-> System Information

When system information opens down the left hand side expand "Components" by clicking on the little plus sign - then select Display.

there are other ways to see this if u get no joy doing this.

regards