Sign in to follow this  
BUFF

Lightning Fmk6

Great plane just having 2 issues with Wings Over Israel. The canopy automatically opens and I can't figure out how to close it, and can't get the F-100D canopy to work. Any advice?

Great plane just having 2 issues with Wings Over Israel. The canopy automatically opens and I can't figure out how to close it, and can't get the F-100D canopy to work. Any advice?

yes, I should have the fixes you need on my home machine to auto-open/close the canopies for both of these aircraft. Will look them up when I get home and post the details here.

Cheers, comrpnt.

An other issue: shadows.

And this is - I think - unsolvable!

Sob.

Paul

in the Knowledge BAse, there should be a discussion on 'using manual animation keys' or 'converting auto-speed canopies to a manual key'; but I can't recall exactly where it is...browsing through the threads, in particular those relating to the 08 patch should find it.

in the meantime, replace the auto-speed canopy statement in the data ini with this:

[Canopy]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_10

AnimationTime=3.0

AnimationID=3

shift/0 will open and close it.

as to shadows, if there's an issue with the acutal aircraft lod, using the 'self generating shadow' can only be fixed by rebuilding the LOD.

wrench

kevin stein

edit: if Russo wants to revist the LOD; and I don't know if he's even got it anymore -or even would want to-, the 'tractor beam line issue' is generated off the right lower wing only. I don't see it comming off any other meshs

W

Edited by Wrench

Hi guys,

First up I love using this great aircraft in WOE, particularly in the WOE "NATO FIGHTERS" mod, but just one problem, I don't seem to have any radar.

I had a look in the ini, and it definitely lists an air interception radar, but it does not come up while flying.

Any ideas, or is there something I have missed?

Kindest regards,

Andrew

do you have an avionics.ini associated with the aircraft?

wrench

kevin stein

do you have an avionics.ini associated with the aircraft?

wrench

kevin stein

Ah, I fixed it now thanks, copied another 50's fighter (F-104A) avionics file from Column5's excellent NATO fighters and renamed it, kept the F-100 cockpit though, so only have the radar screen top right, but F-100 cockpit seems to be the closest.

Thanks for the help!!

Kindest regards,

Andrew

Don't know .. I been using the F-4B pit on it since the original release! (twin engine annunicator panels, etc)

wrench

kevin stein