Ok folks, well I'm sure many of us out there have GeForce 4s and I personally had an issue...now it's gone.

I, like many was using the new Detonator 40.72s and had an issue with the game. Whenever I would change menus on the fade-out/in or pull Gs (another black fade effect) the menu or cockpit would change to all sorts of wierd colors and not look pretty. I also had problems with blue lines across my map.

Change back to the Det 30.82s!!! They are WHQL certified and no doubt the ones used in the Strike Fighters QA trials. My fading and blue line problems went away. Now I have NO Crashes to desktop and the game is 100% stable. Check your nVIDIA driver version and set it straight. You'll be happy. :D

Holly's custom system:

ftp://hollywood:s3ns0r@andromeda.xlii.com...e/Case/four.JPG

ftp://hollywood:s3ns0r@andromeda.xlii.com...e/Case/five.JPG

ftp://hollywood:s3ns0r@andromeda.xlii.com.../Case/seven.JPG

AMD Athlon XP 2100+

MSI KT266A Pro-RU2

MSI GeForce 4 Ti4600

512 Corsair PC2100DDR

SB Audigy Gamer

Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 1

3D Mark2001 SE Score: 11482

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4758357

I have learned to just stick with WHQL drivers with Nvidia. Beta drivers are released so often its impossible to keep up and just sticking with WHQL seems safer. plus when Games are tested for patches etc, WHQL drivers are mostly used anyway.

I haven't had any problems with colours being weird. I'm using the 40.71's though. I do crash to desktop when loading the pre-mission menu where you select your loadout and read the briefing. My fix is to press a button to skip that cinematic before the menu screen.