Sign in to follow this  
Guest JEAGER332

Ok if this is a Mig Mongol then what did I just download?

Guest JEAGER332

pn_w3950.jpg

pn_w1785.jpg

pn_w3953.jpg

pn_w2610.jpg

pn_w3844.jpg

pn_w2528.jpg

pn_w0199.jpg

pn_w3954.jpg

pn_w1720.jpg

I grew up Germeny and saw alot of Migs and got to like them,they seem more of a "seat of your pants" fighter,so what the heck did I get here,is there two types of Mongol? Please inform,as Iam at a lost

I'm definately no expert, but the site in which you got those pics showed several different models. One difference I see (assuming that you downloaded the Mig-21 Mongul from Biohaz, is that it doesn't appear to be a 2 seater.

Guest JEAGER332

146.gif

pn_w2851.jpg

Mikoyan-Guryevich MiG-21F-13 Fishbed-D

Guest Sony Tuckson

Indeed, the plane is nowhere near a Mongol, since this name only applies to dual seater versions, which is definitely not what you or I did download

:cry::cry:

Guest PhantomWarrior

The MiG-21 is probably the most recognizable Soviet fighter, with its nose intake and delta wing. This fighter was quite a performer and the need for a two-seat trainer quickly became apparent. Given the NATO code-name of "Mongol", the two-seat MiG-21 came in three distinct flavors. The MiG-21U was developed from the early MiG-21s, with the narrow intake and small fin found on the MiG-21P/PF family. As the MiG-21 continued evolving, so did the two-seater. The MiG-21US had the broader fin found on the MiG-21PFM as well as the wing from the MiG-21SPS which featured "blown" flaps replacing the Fowler style on the earlier MiG-21s. The final two-seater MiG-21 variant was the MiG-21UM which built off of the MiG-21US version with improved avionics and instruments from the MiG-21M/MF series. The ejection seats were also updated to the newer KM-1 seat. Finally, the MiG-21UM could carry four hardpoints under the wing. The two-seat MiG-21 quickly found its way into service in a great number of countries, including East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Egypt, Poland, Romania, and many more.

MiG-21t.jpg

A MiG-21U (U404) with a MOFTU (MiG Operational Flying Training Unit) squadron badge, at Jodhpur. During the MiG-21 conversion course, IAF pilots normally fly between two and four sorties on the tandem seater, these being devoted primarily to instrument flying and aerobatics.

http://search.netscape.com/nscp_results.ad...ongol&x=37&y=11