Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

More Galen Thurber fun...

It's been brought to my attention that Galen Thurber is still trying to be a thorn in my side by trying to continue his tirade against Biohaz and myself. The latest is this thread posted at his soapbox website here:

http://www.flightsimhq.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=146

As far as I'm concerned this guy is just a sad, lonely & unstable person that is not worth of another second of my time. Everyone in the sim community knows his history of irrational behavior. But I've had a ton of people asking me exactly what is going on between this person and I. So, I'm going to post this one time, and then I'm not going to give Galen the pleasure of devoting one more second to acknowledging his miserable existence. :roll: It's finished as of now.

As everyone knows, Galen showed up here a month or so ago and started posting under the handle Global Tribunal. When several users recognized him and started attacking him, I put a stop to the attacks both publicly as well as via Private Messages to all involved parties, and explained that as long as he kept things civil he was as welcome as everyone else. For those of you that missed the exchange, you can click this link to see all of Global Tribunal's messages on Biohaz:

http://forum.biohazcentral.com/search.php?...=GlobalTribunal

Unfortunately Galen could not let it go, and continued to try and incite others. After multiple warnings to him via Private Message and emails asking that he stop his personal attacks against others, he refused to cooperate. This left me little recourse but to ban him from Biohaz. As everyone knows, my one hard fast rule here is no personal attacks are tolerated, and users will be banned if they continue after being warned by me.

The final straw for me was when he then accused me and others of signing him up to SPAM lists and other assorted wrongs, which, as a Network/Security Engineer by trade, is an insult to me, as I spend my days fighting that kind of stuff. At that point I decided I would have no more dealings with this person and would ignore any emails he sent me.

After this incident Galen started talking with another member of this board (I will not post his name unless he wants it known, he can post in this thread if he wants to corroborate this) to try and continue his mission of disrupting things here at Biohaz. After several back-and forth emails Galen then CC'ed me with an email accusing me of being dishonest and unfair in my moderating of the forums here at Biohaz. Out of curiosity I decided that I would try and engage Galen in some sort of dialog to try and get a feel for exactly what his beef was and to see if maybe we could come to some sort of understanding.

Even I miscalculated what a waste of time that would be. I tried to be fair and bring up what I felt were the points I was concerned with, and asked for feedback from him. I even offered to lift his ban at Biohaz if he would be willing to get along with everyone and try to contribute to the community in a positive manner. He replied by accusing my of lying about the facts, ignoring his claims of spam attacks by users, and then dismissing all the points I made as attacks and lies or ignoring them altogether. I also asked for proof of his claims of spam attacks other than an IP address, which any supposed "security expert" such as he claims to be should know an IP address is easily obtainable, and is not proof of anything. He stated that his word was proof enough. When I explained to him that in light of the fact he was changing his story as he goes about what had transpired, his word meant little to me. Basically, I asked that he put his money where his mouth is.

Of course, he can accuse me of lying all he wanted, but the second I called him on the carpet to prove or disprove his claims, and stated that I didn't believe much of what he said either, he immediately shut down the dialog and accused me of threatening him, as well as defamation, and threatened litigation, which is his usual tactic in these cases. So at that point I stated that it was obvious that he was not interested in any kind of intelligent dialog and only wished to argue for argument's sake, and I was not interested in wasting my time any longer. I also asked that he not contact me via email or any other means or I would consider it an act of harassment.

So now he has switched tactics, and is now using his forum as a means to attack me and Biohaz. He has the right to post what he wants on his forums, as do I. Galen, since I know you read this forum on a daily basis looking for anything you can rally against, read this and understand. I am done with you, and I wash my hands of you and your accusations. I firmly stand by my actions on this board and will let my actions speak for themselves. My users can look at my actions and relatively minor contributions to the community as well as what you've done for the community and then decide who to believe in this issue.

As I've stated to you many time Galen, I have nothing personal against you or your views, even if I do not agree with them. You can post what you will on your forum, I do not care anymore. I've voiced my opinion on this matter, and I'm done. I care little to nothing about what you think of me, but I do care that you are accusing me of instigating or knowing about any "supposed" spam attacks against you or your site. For the record, I would NEVER condone or instigate any type of spam attack against you (or anyone for that matter), and would ban anyone here that I found out instigated such an attack. But know this, I would also not trust ANYTHING you told me in regards to such attack, as your word means nothing to me. You've proved to me how trustworthy you are :roll: in your words, deeds and actions.

As far as accusing you of anything, I don't remember posting any reference to you when I discussed the previous offensive post by a guest user, so it's curious that you would have brought that up. However, in light of your post I would not be surprised in the slightest if it was you. Am I accusing you? No, I have no proof that it was you, but know this. If I EVER link you definitively to any spam or DDOS/hack-type attack on me, my site, or my place of employment, you will be punished via every legal means available by me , my ISP, and my employer (in the case of actions directed at my employer's assets).

So Galen, you can continue (and have every right) to post your opinions on your site, but you will get no more "fight" from me. After awhile you will get bored and move on to your next perceived injustice. For you it seems to be the "circle of life" that gives you meaning. I honestly feel sorry for you, it must be a miserable and lonely life. :roll:

Sorry folks, I like to keep things friendly and upbeat here, free of just this kind of turmoil and petty bickering, but it was something I needed to get off my chest. But as I said, I'm done with it and won't clutter up the forum with any Galen-related material from this thread forward. I would also ask that everyone that reads this also refrain from engaging with Galen in any way, as it is a futile effort anyway. If you really want to bug Galen, ignore him. It's the attention he craves.

Now back to your normally scheduled program....

Sorry, had to edit some misspelling, that's what I get for posting a damn book... :lol:

From Galen's Forum:

RULES: you MUST NOT threaten or defame others, you agree to pay compensation for abuses you comitt to the forums/site. GUARANTEE: we declare who's banned (squads/members), forum is open to all regardless of orientation, religion (including no religion), race.  

Talk about puting your money where your mouth is.....pay up Galen!

well...that was interesting reading at his site...this is a "cess pool of pro-warmongering zealots, haven for the Ignoranus (A person who's both stupid and an asshole).

Well I do believe that GT you just managed to turn to the only person here who tried to help against you.I take it as personal attack against me. This site is one of the best communties on the web..I've been in flight sims for along time and seen communities come and go,this is one of the best,bar none.

As far as us,and I use the term us because I post here alot and find that most of the people here are military vets,or just good guys who happen to support our great country."warmongering zealots"? If supporting our President and our fighting men in the field makes us that then..I'm THE BIGGEST"warmongering zealot"in the world..

You said that jeff accused you of "a spam attack and cyber attacks against BHC"I never saw anything with him saying you did this and infact he said in an e-mail to you that he didn't make those accusations..why because the"attacks"never happened.

Calling me stupid and an asshole..that has gone alittle to far...come down off your soap box...I know that is your site and you have a right to post your views there...but that was uncalled for,and what you've done is bait everyone into a response.I started once to not even answer this but your post in your forum just rubbed me the wrong way.

I like Jeff have washed my hands of this matter and you.I tried to help and what do I get in return? I get called stupid and an asshole..and because I support our Troops in the field I'm a warmongering zealot.

Maybe when you grow up and can enlist and serve then you'll see our point.until then leave the real military stuff to people that have served and have fought.I'm am very upset with your comments and frankly this is the last I will ever try to help you.I like Jeff have spent my last post on this subject.

Oh and in case you weren't sure I was the other member involved.

Hi Guys,

I just read MadJeff's post and I must say I feel very bad for him and offer my support. I joined Biohaz because I find that there is a very welcoming community here. A day after I joined ... this GT guy joined up and during that time "inappropriate" postings were flying back forth. I remember that MadJeff stepped in right away and took the right decision to lock the thread. My conclusion is MJ is fair and firm to everybody.

It is not right to advocate peace by means of inciting hate. I think a majority of us Canadians would agree to that.

I had an interesting email tonight about an incident that happened at McFly's forum the other day that mirrors what happened here, in which disturbing pictures of dead American Marines were posted. Here the poster went by the name of U.N. and posted as a guest. In the case of McFly's forum however, they post was from none other than Global Tribunal himself. McFly understandably removed the message from his site after it was brought to his attention.

So Galen, do you really think the flight sim community is so unbelievably stupid that we don't talk to each other or frequent each other's forums? Or are we to believe that this is just some sort of coincidence? :roll: As I said before, I judge your trustworthiness by your words, deeds and actions. Thank you for proving yet again that my instincts were correct.

After reading some of the replies this morning I decided to remove all but the relevent posts, so I apologize to everyone that got a post removed.

Galen is an easy target, but I don't want to stoop to his level by allowing posts that can be construed as personal attacks against him, it only feeds his paranoia. As I've stated before, I don't allow personal attacks, no matter how deserving in this case. This thread was only to post the facts of his accusations. Thank you for your understanding in this matter, it's encouraging to see all the support through emails and posts.

Well, enough of this. I'm off to do some war-mongering. :roll:

Sorry to hear that this issue didn't go away, Jeff. If you ever need any help let me know.

Jim

Sorry to hear that this issue didn't go away, Jeff.  If you ever need any help let me know.

Jim

No problem, the issue is resolved, at least as far as I'm concerned. :lol:

In fact, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread as-is. I've stated my opinion on the matter and am now putting it behind me. Let's get back to why we are here in the first place. :D