Ya it would be great to fix a few of those sound bugs, anybody think of any other bugs, I havent noticed any others.

This game is great!

I hope the patches for FB are like the ones for IL2, 1st one for fixin the few bugs, and the rest are just add ons. :D

They'll never add the spit. :cry:

Bug and CEM fixes are what I want to see most of all. Like getting the automatic systems on the Bf-109s and Fw-190s working right, and all the other little things not fully working. I saw some interesting data relating to the dive models, showed that the P-47 was actually one of the worst divers in the game at the moment.

So, after they get all the aircraft in the game already working perfect, then I'd love to see a Bf-110, Gloster Gladiator, P-51 and Spitfire. ALso, I really want them to import the new maps into the QMB.

Oh ya, I forgot I cant get my trim to work to save my ass. Using the same set up with my X45, and the same button mapping as I used in IL2, but the trim aint workin. :cry:

It isn't? Have you tried mapping a rotary to the trim? Remember, in FB it takes a couple seconds for the trim to move fully. It takes 15 to move from one extreme to the other.

Oh yeah, some aircraft don't even have it.

Ya im using the two rotaries. One for elevator, and the other for ailerons, and none of it is working. It's wierd, I'll probably figure it out eventually. I remember the 109's having odd trim control, actually it always seemed to me in IL2 that the Kraut planes weren't all that trimable, but the russian planes were. Could just be me.

Thats wierd. Have you tried going to control panel and seeing if they are acting properly through DirectX. My X-45 works great in FB. Its getting the Profiler to work that has me stumped.

got it to work on the LA7, but you were right the response time is much slower than in IL2, christ in IL2 you could just use the throttle to fly the plane. The trimming seems to be a bit touchier, I dont use it in combat, but I hate having to use the stick when I'm taking off, and trying to find a suitable climb angle.

I don't use trim for combat either, well, I normally set it a tiny bit nose up before I dogfight or dive, but thats it. I just like it on a rotary because it is more natural. Ilove my X-45 and Il-2. I don't have to use the seperate mode switches, it has the perfect number of hats and buttons already.

This was posted by Oleg 7/9/2003 in his UbiSoft ready room...

News:

We are working on the final version of the patch now. Probably will finish on this week and will begin to test then on the next week.

I hope that soon it will be released.

Right now we also works over free add-on with the planes that will comes some later after the patch.

Probably one of the planes there will be flyable P-51D.

Thats all for today.

Screens shots on friday.

[No screens yet however... :( }

Thread can be found here...

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_vie...dyroom&id=zvjka

Word is, the patch will be out sometime this week...

However, Ubi has Site Maintainance scheduled for August 5th & 7th.

this may not bode well for a timely release before Friday...

Yup, thinkin the same thing myself... :?

Hopefully all this maintenance is just an excuse to prepare the servers for the load the patch is going to cause.

KMA, I'll buy you a beer if it really is going to be out tomorrow, chum.

Well, I finally broke down and bought IL2. Actually, I got both IL2 and FB for 26 bucks on Ebay. Not too bad.

I am gonna need a lot of help with this sim, though. Heck, I am having a hell of a time just getting off the ground!

I am using all CH Pro equip, and the trim seems all messed up for the pitch control.

Navychief

Try checking out www.mudmovers.com They have an excellent section dedicated to both sims.

If I were you, I'd shelve Il-2 and focus on FB. FB is basically everything in Il-2 and more.

As to the trim, I map it to a slider. Like I said above, it does take a sec or two for the trim to move all the way.

I agree with Dirickson; Chief... no need to play IL2, FB is much better... just because it has more planes... and they are going to add more!!! Like the mustang (isnt in IL2).

Although I really want the spit to be added.

Bit of advice on takeoff; dont floor it (its not SF); just ease the throttle up. Some planes have a tendency to flip, or you can damage the engine (109's have a problem with this). Oh and the Me262 can catch on fire if you arent smoothe on the throttle.

KMA, looks like no celebration for either of us. Gotta wait till Monday, at the earliest.

Damnit, that gives me like a day to check it out before I gotta pack my s**t and leave for college.

WTF??? thought you wanted to be a fly boy, or can you do that there?

lol, yeah, definately do want to be a flyboy. Naval ROTC scholarship. Just might be at the controls of an F/A-18 someday.

I really gotta change my sig now, haha.