Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

near miss...SAM and AAA damage

I flew a mission and had a SAM go off right behind me as I banked hard to avoid it and the AAA was waiting on me..I actually made it back to base.

not bad Dagger, but this israeli pilot was better than you. He made it back to base like that. This seems incredible but I 've found this pic on a serious place!!!!

I'm not sure but I didn't really notice alot of big change in teh FM once ship was damaged.I gotta find out about this...yawed alittle but that was all.

not bad Dagger, but this israeli pilot was better than you. He made it back to base like that. This seems incredible but I 've found this pic on a serious place!!!!

As I recall the the story about this plane, the pilot got demoted for not ejecting as he was ordered by the instructor, and then promoted for saving the plane. McDonald Douglas tried to simulate his achievment with no luck. He shouldn't have been able to return safely... but obviously he did :D

actualy, if I do remember, the big ass air intake, and the large elevator, can produce enough lift to fly the plane, but without alot of extra thrust...