Sign in to follow this  
vinman72564

Burning Sands 1983

Burning Sands 1983

Burning Sands 1983

This is the original Burning Sands Campaign set in 1983. You can fly for the USAF, USN, USMC or the RAF. All USN aircraft are carrier based. The aircraft available to fly are:

USAF: F-15A, F-16A, F-19, F-111A, A-10

USN: F-14A, FA-18A, A-7E

USMC: FA-18A, AV-8C

RAF: SEPECAT Jaguar GR Mk1, Tornado GR.Mk1, Tornado F.Mk3, F-111K

Hmm, I seem to be missing an aircraft carrier...

Running WOV, with many addons, but can't get carrier based missions to start with a carrier present, so I start off sitting in the water.

I can't get it to work. I click WoV and it starts to load, but it's only a black screen. Then I get a Windows error msg saying that the program needs to close.

*UPDATE

After going back to my original installation of WoV, I decided to copy each folder's contents individually (overwriting the original files). After Pasting the contents of the mod folder into the corresponding WoV folder, I tried to load the game. CAMPAIGNS, EFFECTS, FLIGHT, SOUNDS, and TERRAIN all copied fine. After copying all of the files in OBJECTS (except the AIRCRAFT) folder, I tried to load the game and it crashed. Guess it's something in OBJECTS.

Edited by Thanos1

WoV?

It is for Strike Fighters, as it is based on that terrain, not Vietnam.

:blink:

Edited by Spectre_USA

No

In the Data for the Campaign you have Entrys for Airbases, Target Areas... which are not fits if you use another Terrain

If you change these Entrys it should work also in WoE, but thats lot of work...

Alright, I've stopped fooling around with the upgrades, and I'm just trying to get this one working.

I have all the planes, yet it still Crashes to desktop upon loading of the game, not the campaign. Did I download a bad file or something?

Did you make all the edits to for the terrains? I can tell you this, you are not going to get it to work in WOE or WOV. To do it would require hours and hours and hours of redoing over 50% of the work. Buy a cheap copy of SF on Ebay or something.

I have the problem with no aircraft carriers when I start the game. I start in the water and

any aircraft blow up. If I start it in air it works fine. Does the down load have the aircraft carriers

or do I need to install one in SF since it does not come with them?

Thanks for the help.

I have the problem with no aircraft carriers when I start the game. I start in the water and

any aircraft blow up. If I start it in air it works fine. Does the down load have the aircraft carriers

or do I need to install one in SF since it does not come with them?

Thanks for the help.

Hello everybody same problem for me I start the campaign with USN and my carrier explodes at the beginning, I have the same problem even with suex crisis campaign but not with single carrier-based missions.

Maybe in campaigns water is harder???

I don't know the answer...

Cippao

Next time you ad a file say which game its for. I now have to re-install WoE, every mod, and redo all my settings.

Burning Sands is a campaign in the original Strike Fighters. This is a modern campaign based on that.

Also the readme very clearly states...

Burning Sands 1983

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation:

Extract the contents to a clean install of Strike Fighters SP3.2. Install the latest weapons pack.Have fun!

Optional: After installing the latest weapons pack you can drop TANK600_F-15.bmp into your weapons folder to make the F-15A fuel tanks lighter to better match the skin imo.

Note: The F-15A has been heavily modded. If you don't like the changes. I recommend you install the original which I have included in .rar F-15A. Also a lot of the flyable units are fictional.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THE FLIGHTENGINE INI LOCATED IN THE FLIGHT FOLDER REMAIN INTACT. THIS FILE CONTAINS THE FIX FOR THE TORNADOS. IF THIS FILE IS REMOVED OR THE GRAPHICS SETTINGS ALTERED YOU WILL PROBABLY GET A CTD.

*********Credit goes to all the original modders for their hard work and dedication and of course to TK and his team********************************************************************************

Vince

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave, maybe it would help if we include this ReadMe into the file? I mean the one with those little red letters... Oh well, they are indeed a bit small, make them double size to make sure! :haha:

BTW, have you moderating guys ever thought of including an counter on top of the board? Wich counts the topics, where guys are told to make use of the ReadMe? :biggrin:

Florian

I do not think a number has been invented yet that a counter could track. :biggrin:

It would be like counting all the atoms in the entire universe....."To Infinity; and Beyond!!!!!"

Mabye we should start naming 'readme.txt' to "don't_read_this_if_you_like_ctds.txt" :haha:

Or, the posibilites are endless....

Wrench

kevin stein