Sign in to follow this  
Shepski

Russian Avionics Update

Hi everyone,

On behalf of Matt who is very very busy, here is a brief update on the development of the Russian avionics.

Note: The screenshots are large in size to keep as much clarity as possible.

Su-27 and Mig-29:

1. Recently added are the authentic HUD target designation box and target symbols. The target symbol on the HUD is no longer a solid horizontal bar and is now a series of three small dots.

Su-27-HUD.jpg

2. The EKRAN systems monitor is now functioning with systems information and warnings as systems are damaged or lost in the aircraft.

3. There are many more warning and caution lights functional on the annunciator panels then Flanker 2.x and well as a series of new fuel warning lights on the fuel gauges.

Mig-29-CAWS.jpg

Su-25:

1. An authentic HUD weapon sighting glass is now fully functional and there is no attitiude, speed, altitude, or navigation information on the Frogfoot HUD anymore.

Su-25-glass.jpg

2. The Su-25 has systems power up, manual altimeter setting, and individual engine start up with real world spool up times and sounds including the possibility of a hung start.

A new and unique feature just added is when the canopy is closed it gets quieter in the cockpit and the volumes can be adjusted in the options to give the player the exact sounds they *think* are real.

Cheers,

Mark

Known as Stinger in a past Flanker exisitence...

Shepski, thanks for the update! Can't wait to fly that Su-25! ;)

No worries... I thought you might have had it up here earlier.

The site is looking real good!

Cheers

Shepski..

So Photo Realistic, pilot glared on the MFD, WOW WOW WOW

Incredible work guys....this stuff is gonna smoke my Radeon 9700 Pro.

I've always wondered, and I'll probably kick myself for asking, but what is the big green periscope looking thing on the right canopy?

IIRC, it's the gun camera...

Thats what I had guessed it was, just wasn't sure. Seems dumb they didn't put it in the fuselage somewhere and clear up all the visibility.

And, what does IIRC mean? I think I've asked before, but I can't remember.