Sign in to follow this  
Dutchy

POW Rescue

Great news. The Marines rescued a US soldier. An 19 year old women.

She was wounded, but alive and that is what is imported.

I read it on the CNN site. I hope for all POW's that they come home.

Greetings

Dutchy

This jazzed me to no end to hear that she was rescued. With all my heart I hope the rest of the POW's make it home in one peice too. The news mentioned tonite that the area was cordoned off by Rangers or Delta force, I forget which. Then Navy SEALS went in and took her out. They said there was no shooting in the hospital but quite a bit going in and coming out. I understand the girl had several gunshot wounds I assume from her own firefight and subsequent capture. I had heard she had some broken limbs too but they didnt say on the news.

I guess Im old fashioned but I do wish women werent in frontline units, it really bothers me. Yet I know they can do a lot if not actual infantry combat. But that is besides the point I suppose. I still consider her a soldier and as such Im mighty proud of her, and I thank the Good Lord that she is coming home soon. I pray for her speedy recovery.

God Speed Jessica!

I heard they found 11 dead bodies in the hospital too.. they say some were U.S. Soilders.. maybe some were POW? :( :cry: Dont know

Cylix

I heard/read it too. There were MIA's.

Two were found in mortuarium and the others in the ground from the hospital garden. The found it by a tip of a Iraqi.

"Hopely this is the information that you wanted to know", Cylix=JW=

Greetings

Dutchy

from the Netherlands, Europe