Sign in to follow this  
Hawker

New Jet Engine sound (really nice one)

Tonight I made an awesome new sound for any jet aircraft. It's actually a modern US Navy fighter (Tomcat) but is really cool both when on the ground and in flight. I've always loved how they sound and decided to go through hours of home video's from airshows and finally came up with a good one recorded at Travis AFB back in the mid 90's.

You can get it a few more posts down in this thread.

why not post them here?you could put them in the download section,theres a sound section there. :D

You can also uplaod right here in the forum, just attach the file to a post. :D

Ok! Here it is then. :D

Please put in the sounds area of this site too. I just finalized tweaking it and I'm really loving this one now. Let me know how you guys like it.

Just backup your JetEngine.wav file first in case it doesn't appeal to you.

It goes here... (or in your SFP1 directory)

C:Program FilesStrategy FirstStrike FightersSounds

If you want to use it with the A-4, just rename it (or make a copy then name it) A4Engine.wav

Hawker, I'd be interested. I think the upload MadJeff mentioned is the way to go. But keep in mind, a LOT of the guys here prefer sounds from the actual aircraft. An F-14 sounds different than a F-4, etc. Now if you were to continue your research and come up with distinct sounds for each aircraft, you'd have people slobberin all over you... :shock:

I'd also suggest gettin with someone like Pinch who made the first sound pack, and between the two of you, come up with a comprehensive sound pack. I KNOW you'd have a LOT of takers for that, as there is a lot of room for improvement for ingame sounds. I've no doubt you'll have takers with this F-14 sound too for that matter so dont get depressed and think we arent interested. Thanks for your time and trouble. A LOT of the people here realize what goes into researching something like this. :wink:

PCPilot,

Understand where you are coming from. I'm not a super hard core flight simmer, just more of a "jump in and fly" type. I just made this wav file that was more enjoyable for me. I figured since I like how it turned out I'd share it with others. Let me know if you like it.

thanks Hawker, downloaded it and like this one. The sound of the sim is not outstanding: planes of this era where making so much noise! this was a disappoinment when I first played.

I had already Pinch one, but this one is very nice too. I fly with this one!

Hope somebody will offer us in the future a really very very very noisy sixties jet sound.

Bernard,

If you crank up your speakers it gets pretty noisy! I've been flying with my setup very loud today and it's a lot of fun. :D

Enjoy

I think the new sound is great!

-kicks butt with my Audigy 2 -logitech 680 setup.

Good job Hawker!

Thanks! :D