Sign in to follow this  
Bunyap

Weapons Pack - 03 Jul 06

Weapons Pack - 03 Jul 06

This project is designed to provide a hassle free way of obtaining every 3rd party released weapon and gun. It will be updated after every aircraft release to include the newly created ordnance, gun types, and fuel tanks. All data is checked and verified by experts to provide the most realistic weapons effects and performance possible.

DO NOT USE IN STRIKE FIGHTERS 2!

This weapons pack will not run with the 2008 patched Thirdwire sim unless you run it through latest weapons editor found here. If you are using the latest patch then do not use the data.ini files that the weps pack comes with.

http://forum.combata...s&showfile=6075

Well i have a question, Whwn I use an Atomic Bomb it explodes, But I can see the Mushrom shape of the explosion. Maybe I need to configure any option. So please can anyone give me an answer

Well i have a question, Whwn I use an Atomic Bomb it explodes, But I can see the Mushrom shape of the explosion. Maybe I need to configure any option. So please can anyone give me an answer

You can see it or can't see it? Also do you have a the effects packs installed?

Well. I've problem. I've installed the pack and modified some weapons dates (Phoenix and Amraam), but in the game, using the Tomcat (add-on), I can't use the Phoenix missiles. Why can it be? And how i can fix it?

Thanks

Hello,

I download the weapons pack today and installed it in my WOV sim only to run into problems. Are there any prerequisite installations required that I overlooked? Are there any known issues with the installation and WOV? When I installed it, the installation ran smoothly and finished with a "successful installation" message. When I tried to start WOV I received a Windows application error message and the sim would not load. Here is a brief description of my computer system:

HP Pavilion 061 with Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE with 256Mram

I have spent most of my time flying in CFS3 and am fairly new to WOV and this forum, so if I could get pointed in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

What's the error message say?

Kinda hard to resolve an error without knowing what it is....

What's the error message say?

Kinda hard to resolve an error without knowing what it is....

Yes, you are right, and I apologize for not including it. Damn Newbies, huh? Anyway, here is the error:

Faulting application wov.exe, version 7.26.4.0, faulting module missileobject.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00007475. Event ID 1000

Other than verifying that dll did exist I had no clue as what to do about it, so I reinstalled the game from my CD and my Third Wire patches that I had backed up. Thanks for responding.

Here's my problem, the F-15 has no weapons pre-loaded for strike missions (in other words the loadout that comes with the weapons pack has no weapons set for strike missions), i'm wondering what do i have to add to the loadout ini?

I've tried adding the line from the original loadout, but it didn't work:

Loadout[03].WeaponType=GBU-10C

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=GBU-10C

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].WeaponType=Tank610_F15

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

Here's my problem, the F-15 has no weapons pre-loaded for strike missions (in other words the loadout that comes with the weapons pack has no weapons set for strike missions), i'm wondering what do i have to add to the loadout ini?

I've tried adding the line from the original loadout, but it didn't work:

Loadout[03].WeaponType=GBU-10C

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=GBU-10C

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].WeaponType=Tank610_F15

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

There is no GBU-10C in the weapons pack. Use the GBU-10B instead. :wink:

There is no GBU-10C in the weapons pack. Use the GBU-10B instead.

Thank you. :good:

I was able to install both the pack on SFP1 and WOV. The 2006 version weapon and gun editors that came with it do not respond when clicked.

It works when I replaced them with the 2003 version. However, when using the newly added missiles on SFP1, the games crash when I try to fire them. In WOV, the game crashes.

Tora: welcome to CombatAce.

In the next froum, below this one (File Announcements), there is another called "The Knowledge Base". It's an accumlation of information designed to help the new SF/WoV/WoE/WoI user get up to speed on what's needed, and possible, with these open-source marvels TK's created.

I'd suggest spending some time in there, as the quesitons you're about to be asking will most likely have the answers there.

In particular, for the weapons editor -- use ONLY the one that comes in the Bunyap Pak WITH ONLY the Bunyap Pak in SF/WoV/WoE. WoI has a new style of editor, taht only works in WoI (and First Eagles with the Expansion Pak)

to answer the question as to WHY the editor is not working at present, follow the link below:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=12210

And get ready for a LOT of aircraft editing...the bunyap pak changes damn near everything for all the Red Air bird. You'll find several hundred posts about how to fix that, just above the post I linked to in the KB

Wrench

kevin stein

I have WOI and would like to start using new planes and missions ect. but I am kind of overwelmed :blink: .

1st, I keep hearing about the "Aim-9X superwinder" but I can't find it anyware?

2nd, is there any "Required mods" that I would be graced to know?

3rd, The big one, I installed this weps pack and then downloaded the F15-C but the only wep I can load it with is the aim-9L, is there anything else I need? :dntknw:

All in all you guys are doing a great job so far. :good:

Thanks for any help.

PS. I read the knoledge base but it didn't help me at all.

Edited by fighterace12492

Can anyone tell me why when I install Weapons Pack - 03 Jul 06 on a fresh and updated version of Strike Fighters all my weapons dissapear. I have no mods or user aircraft added. I'm using XP Home SP2, and yes , I making sure it goes in the proper directory. I recall using the weapon pack maybe over a year ago on win 98 and it was fine. Now I have to reinstall Strike Fighters to get my weapons back. I've been at this for hours and I'm stumped.

If you are patched to latest patch old weapons will not work!

You have two options:

1.) Download new weapon editor and run all weapons through it.

2.) Find one of the newer packs in the DL section that will work out of the box.

If you still want to use the old Bunyap Pak, Option #1 IS the only way to get it working int he Post-Patch World.

BUT....

you still won't have weapons for Red Air, as they naming conventions are different from what in the data ini (stock)

You'll still need to spend a LOT of time here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=18346

in our ever-so-conviently provided Knowledge Base

WRench

kevin stein

I had just recently "upgraded" to the Community Weapons pack 2.52 and if you want a good, concise Red Air weapons selection... that's the thing to get.

Very Cool EJ! Comes at a great time......Thanks! :good:

Thanks a bunch guys and Wrench is right about spending a lot of time on this. Don't know what else to say untill I do some more research / Banging my head against the wall.

Hi guys, just a quicky, after uninstalling SFP1 ages ago, i decided to reinstall, service packs 1 thru 3 also, then added this wep pack, before i added the weapons pack - SF would boot up and run as its supposed to, afterwards, when i click the desktop icon to run the sim, it just crashes! Takes a couple seconds - no error messages or anything. Im Windows7, but i run in compatibility mode (as i did last time it was on the same machine), it just wont work now?? I cannot use any weapons packs, i really dont understand this? If anybody has any ideas at all, i would be extremely grateful! My PC has not changed since last time i ran SFP1 about 10 months ago. It installs to the default location (C/Program Files (x86) ) im really bummed about this as its one sim i love using.

Any help at all would be great.

Gary