Sign in to follow this  
Target

Snapviews/Panning speeds

Anyone know how to increaase the rates for these functions, perhaps ala CFS2, through the file system? If so, which config file are they in?

Try this... I found this somewhere, can't remember where, but it works great!...

1. open your default.ini file in control folder

2. edit ini file this part

=======================================

CAMERA_PITCH_UP=JOYSTICK01_POV01_DOWN

CAMERA_PITCH_DOWN=JOYSTICK01_POV01_UP

CAMERA_YAW_RIGHT=JOYSTICK01_POV01_RIGHT

CAMERA_YAW_LEFT=JOYSTICK01_POV01_LEFT

========================================

Do these settings make the pan faster in cockpit? I'm going to try them in the GOTO mode since this seems to be the fastest method of turning your head.

Thanks for this information, my eyes bug out of my head when I start searching for something in config files.

Yes that makes your head turn faster,

Its easier to edit the file if you use the search thingy.. (CTRL+f)

if you find one... then the others are just close by

It works good just the way you explained it Swede. The pan views are real fast now, maybe a little too fast, but a vast improvement over the default settings. Thanks again. :thumbup:

NOtice when you go to ouside view (F6) and press the POV.. then you'll accelerate your rotation all the time. I never tried to hold it for a longer period of time, in case of a crash.

Swede, an off-topic comment, I checked out your Viggen Project this morning, and it looks awesome! :shock: If you need a place to host the model once it's done I would be honored to have it here at Biohaz.

Any idea on ETA? I want to fly that thing! :D

Swede do you know the keystroke to switch between panning and snap view? I found panning quite by accident and would just like to know how to get my hat to use snap views again. I like to use both. Thanks.

Target,

What HOTAS do you got?

If you have a HOTAS you could program the "Panning" as unshifted POV then Shifted POV for the snap.

As an example.

MadJeff, I'm waiting on some reference material for the FM. while the model itself is more or less complete. Then we need the tools to import it all + tweaking. Will work as fast as I can, but quality in front of quantity :wink:

MadJeff, I'm waiting on some reference material for the FM. while the model itself is more or less complete. Then we need the tools to import it all + tweaking. Will work as fast as I can, but quality in front of quantity  :wink:

No problems here, take all the time you need to get it right. :lol: