Sign in to follow this  
Hawker

"Over the Shoulder" camera MOD / Doppler Sound for

Still tweaking it, but it's more of a decent camera than what the game came with if you ask me. It's acting as if it's a camera fixed to the vertical stab. You can even pan and zoom in and out. I'll post it hopefully Sunday (today) later on. Just a bit more fine tuning to do. I also tweaked the soundlist.ini file and cranked up the distances you can hear several sounds, as well as added doppler to the guns / cannons / vulcan. IL-2 has it so I figured what the heck, make it work. It was very easy to do.

Anyhow, here are some camera pics (again, this works on all planes. Some may look better than others).

It's fun flying with that view and even dogfighting is possible. I shot down a couple planes pretty easily. Just another neat thing to do with this game. :)

Here's the camera mod on the MiG-17. It's a bit further back than the F-4.

Hawker, great work!

Ok, this mod is finished.

I've modified the F5 View (Over Shoulder View) so that it is now acting as though it's fixed on or near the vertical stab (works on all planes). You can zoom in/out AND pan around with it. Panning really can mess with your mind however with the view back near the tail, so I wouldn't do it, but it's there if you want to. To jump to the next plane in this view hit F6 (which is object view). This doesn't mess up the object view at all. To get back to it, just hit any other view key, then F6 again and there it is.

The ONE drawback to this mod is if you have shadows turned on it interferes with the view sometimes. Try it and see. If shadows are OFF, no troubles.

Doppler

The other file in this zip, soundlist.ini gives all the aircraft guns doppler sound. It's really neat if you go to fly-view and shoot your guns. Try it. Also this little file has the distances increased so you can hear sounds further away than before.

Install info is in the ReadMe file.

Enjoy!

Guest capun

Hawker

I was working on a similar mod to fix the problem of not really being able to check six.

Since yours was completed I am using yours with a couple of changes.

I made it so I can have a view of anyone getting into my tail, I may change into a snapview since I just want to check six quickly.

This is what I changed in the Viewlist.ini:

[View017]

ViewName=ShoulderView

ViewClassName=ShoulderViewClass

UpdateAlways=FALSE

ViewGotoControl=GOTO_VIEW_SHOULDER

CycleNextControl=GOTO_VIEW_OBJECT_NEXT

CyclePrevControl=GOTO_VIEW_OBJECT_PREV

ObjectFrom=SearchAircraft

;PositionOffsets=-0.60,-9.0,3.3

PositionOffsets=0.0,0.0,3.3 ; it just about aft of the canopy

;AngleOffsets=0.0,-12.0,0.0

AngleOffsets=180.0,10.0,0.0 ; Looks at the rear with about 10 degree above the horizon

Capun,

I was thinking of new things to try with the views. That's an obviously great idea to "check 6." Good work. I'll mess with it some more too.

Thanks

How do you guys like the sound changes? The Doppler is kinda cool I think on the cannons.

This mod is now up in the Files area under Strike Fighters/Effects.

Guest capun

Hawker

I am making a doc file (zipped) to document the "check-six" mod. I want to add your over the shoulder mod to the documentation. Can I get your permission to add the Viewlist.ini section to my document?

Of course I do make mention and credit (and refer to your file) to your work.

Pls let me know so I can post the file

Thx