Sign in to follow this  
Weasel Keeper

Daughter's Navy Pen Pal

My 9 year old daughter has a (email) pen pal. Her pen pal is an avionics tech on the USS Kitty Hawk which is in the Gulf now supporting Iraqi Freedom. I thought I'd share some pics she sent to my daughter. :)

14.jpg

14-2.jpg

fulldeck.jpg

hawk.jpg

Yeah BABY! The "Dont tread on me flag", LOVE IT! GO NAVY! Nice to see the Kitty Hawk is still givin 'em hell. I pulled plane guard duty behind that tub many a night back in the early '80's on the David R. Ray DD-971 as rescue boat coxswain. Ask your daughter to tell her pal and her shipmates, we at Biohaz love 'em and are mighty proud of them. :D

That's nice for your daughter, a pen friend that think of her while she is in war. When you daughter write her again. Let her tell that we here on this forum or at home in the USA (for me in The Netherlands) support the navy, army, marines and airforce.

PCPILOT thanks for sharing the pics. Give your daughter a big milkshake or something from me.

Greetings

Dutchy

Kind of a cool sidenote. My dad was an aircraft refueler on the USS Bon Homme Richard for 4 years during Viet Nam from '63-'67. He had a buddy who was on the brand new Kitty Hawk and got to tour it while in port back then.

Dad's ship circa 1965 (CVA-31). He calls her affectionately the "Bonnie Dick". :D

h97345.jpg