Sign in to follow this  
Dale

Radar image to small on triple monitor system

Started using Matrox triple monitor system several weeks back. All is working great except radar image on F4's is too small to be of much use. Bogies are about the size of pin heads and no space in between.

Can anyone tell me how to enlarge just the image on radar systems but not the size of the screen.

Thanks

Dale

Started using Matrox triple monitor system several weeks back. All is working great except radar image on F4's is too small to be of much use. Bogies are about the size of pin heads and no space in between.

Can anyone tell me how to enlarge just the image on radar systems but not the size of the screen.

Thanks

Dale

Is the zoom not working (left and right mouse buttons by default) ?

Also remember to change the radar range when bandits are closer.

Sometimes the radar cant distinguish individual planes at distance anyway - if you are using a 60's varient

Is the zoom not working (left and right mouse buttons by default) ?

Also remember to change the radar range when bandits are closer.

Sometimes the radar cant distinguish individual planes at distance anyway - if you are using a 60's varient

Coolhand

I think I am going to have a hard time explaining just what is happening. Yes the zoom and everything else on the control panel is working correctly and of the correct size but the radar image on the radar screen is about 50% smaller then normal and of very little use when trying to track the enemy.

On the round scope, sorry right now I can not think of what it is called but the image is very small and long and narrow and not round.

The outer edges of both scopes are correct but the image that you are viewing is far too small. It would be like an image on a 20inch tv taken up only area about 5inches x 5 inches.

This is one problem that I believe could only be corrected by adjusting the numbers that control the size of the inner image and not the size of the total screen.

I just gave it my best shot to explain my problem. I can live with it but was very used to using the radar to help decide were to go.

Thanks

Dale

Guest IndioBlack
Coolhand

I think I am going to have a hard time explaining just what is happening. Yes the zoom and everything else on the control panel is working correctly and of the correct size but the radar image on the radar screen is about 50% smaller then normal and of very little use when trying to track the enemy.

On the round scope, sorry right now I can not think of what it is called but the image is very small and long and narrow and not round.

The outer edges of both scopes are correct but the image that you are viewing is far too small. It would be like an image on a 20inch tv taken up only area about 5inches x 5 inches.

This is one problem that I believe could only be corrected by adjusting the numbers that control the size of the inner image and not the size of the total screen.

I just gave it my best shot to explain my problem. I can live with it but was very used to using the radar to help decide were to go.

Thanks

Dale

Maybe this is what you mean: You want to make the duplicate pop-up radar scope bigger ?

Extract the HUDData.ini from the Flight Folder, using the SFP1E File Extract utility (which is available under downloads/utilities.

Scroll down to

[Display004]

Display Type= Radar

PosX=0.865

PosY=0.015

Width=?

Height=?

Aplha=0.60

InitTime=2.0

And make the Width and Height Values bigger than they are.

I know that if you want to make that radar scope disappear, you set the values to Zero. So making them bigger should make the radar bigger.

Then you can adjust the PosX and PosY to move it to a more useful place on the screen.

Is this what you meant ?

Have you tried reinstalling? Something might've gotten messed up.

Dale,

I'm presently at work, and cannot get to my notes. Crusader will undoubtedly chime in and tell you which values to adjust, so as to resize the RADAR and RWR icons.

Before he does, lets get you started. You must first extract the avionics.ini for all the default RADAR and RWR-equipped aircraft, and place them in that corresponding ac's folder (addon ac will already have their avionics.ini file where it can be easily accessed).

post-868-1165505586_thumb.jpgpost-868-1165505612_thumb.jpg

Dale,

I'm presently at work, and cannot get to my notes. Crusader will undoubtedly chime in and tell you which values to adjust, so as to resize the RADAR and RWR icons.

Before he does, lets get you started. You must first extract the avionics.ini for all the default RADAR and RWR-equipped aircraft, and place them in that corresponding ac's folder (addon ac will already have their avionics.ini file where it can be easily accessed).

Thanks for the help. This might give everybody a better idea of what I'm after. attached are 2 pics that show what I have and what I want to get.

"Oh, I see", said the blind man..... :smile:

That "compressed" appearance of the RADAR & RWR displays seem to be a product of the resolution you're running. You can probably resize the bitmaps for both, and solve it that way.