Sign in to follow this  
bigdavel

Blue Screen of Death

:crazy::dntknw: Being new to Lomac even though the game is nearly ancient, I have been playing WoV now and then, I find Wov to be very stable and runs well. On Lomac I find tat suddenly the sound starts to run slow. and i sorta start loosing control of the aircraft. I have then had a couple of PC crashes. Most time it crashes when I quit the game and I get the Blue Screen of Death. :ohmy::ohmy::tomato::tomato:

:this: The problem is I dont see the error code because it reboots so quickly. HAs anyone got a solution to this or can help me in preventing this from happening :nono::nono:

:this: The problem is I dont see the error code because it reboots so quickly. HAs anyone got a solution to this or can help me in preventing this from happening :nono::nono:

In system properties>advanced>startup & recovery>system failure uncheck automatically restart.

In system properties>advanced>startup & recovery>system failure uncheck automatically restart.

thank you for you advice and promp reply. I presume this will allow me to see the actual error.

Hopefully.

dave, u get the problem fixed?

Mac

:ohmy: The information given does allow me to see the error. It was a stop 0x00000024 or stop 24 on checking with microsoft for the error they give a solution to it. I followed the instructions but it hasnt cured it. As I reinstalled the game and still get the Blue Screen of Death. :crazy:

:sorry: I got another error later which was known as a stop 77 and that was easy to sort out. It also had nothing to do with the stop 24. :slow(en):

Thanks for your concern Machi

P.S Drop me an email on how your trainings going. I hear you got a blistering summer this year, its already in the high 30's I hear. Drop me a line when you are able. :ok:

Dave, what are your system specs?

My system` is

System Model K7S8XE

AMD Athlon XP 2000 +

MMX 3DNow 1.7 Ghz

Momory 1024 MB Ram

Directx 9.0c

Hope that helps :slow(en): :tomato2: :tomato:

What vid card do you have?

I have the Nvida fx5600 video card :slow(en): :ok::crazy:

I have the Nvida fx5600 video card :slow(en): :ok::crazy:

Yes and the latest drivers too ....

Ok, that error you're getting sometimes is caused by drivers. If you're running the newest drivers with that old a vid card it could be the problem. The newest and the greatest drivers may not work as well as older drivers that are specifically designed for your vid card. I'm gonna take a guess and say you should try some of the late 60's or early 70's drivers. Anything that is currently able to play on that vid card should still play with older drivers. If you have BF2 you have to have the 77.77 drivers for that game to render correctly. Try www.guru3d.com and grab an older set there. Also, google Driver Cleaner Pro. You're going to need it. Remove your drivers thru your control panel in the start menu. Reboot into safe mode, use Driver Cleaner Pro. Install your new drivers and then reboot in normal windows mode. Always used DC Pro because sometimes files from different driver versions remain and cause the problems you're having.

Get back with me and lets see if that fixes your problem. I've had the BSoD's with certain sets of 80's series drivers on my previous vid card, a 7800GT.

Edited by ruggbutt

Ok, that error you're getting sometimes is caused by drivers. If you're running the newest drivers with that old a vid card it could be the problem. The newest and the greatest drivers may not work as well as older drivers that are specifically designed for your vid card. I'm gonna take a guess and say you should try some of the late 60's or early 70's drivers. Anything that is currently able to play on that vid card should still play with older drivers. If you have BF2 you have to have the 77.77 drivers for that game to render correctly. Try www.guru3d.com and grab an older set there. Also, google Driver Cleaner Pro. You're going to need it. Remove your drivers thru your control panel in the start menu. Reboot into safe mode, use Driver Cleaner Pro. Install your new drivers and then reboot in normal windows mode. Always used DC Pro because sometimes files from different driver versions remain and cause the problems you're having.

Get back with me and lets see if that fixes your problem. I've had the BSoD's with certain sets of 80's series drivers on my previous vid card, a 7800GT.

Ok this is what I did! I got the 77.77 driver I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers. I cleaned the drivers with the cleaner pro. I installed the 77.77 drive :clapping::clapping::crazy: I re installed LOCK ON. I player the game.???? :slow(en): :slow(en): :tomato2: :tomato: It ran @ about 2 fps when near an enermy aircraft speeded up if I went away from it. Sound went into drunken sailor mode :slow(en): :slow(en): :slow(en):

Slurred and slow.

Quit game ! BSod another time but this time Stop error was Bad_Spool_Header stop 0x00000019. I check with Microsoft the data base says it a service pack 1 error. I downloaded 332 Mb of service pack 1 install??? "This service pack is not compatable with your version of XP"

Points to note: This game is not worth this amount of Hassle!!! Thank you for all your help I will not be rushing to reinstall the game again. If you wish to reply by all-means do so. I certainly will take note of your reply. As the help you give seems sound and may be usefull at another time. or to some else with a similar problem

Thank you once again.

Part of the problem is your vid card, it's bare minimum as far as being able to run Lock On. Try putting all your in game settings as low as you can. What version of Lock On are you running?

:dntknw:

Dude, make sure your graphics card is installed correctly in its slot. Sometimes a bad connection between the video card and the AGP slot produces funny things such as BSOD.

Dude, make sure your graphics card is installed correctly in its slot. Sometimes a bad connection between the video card and the AGP slot produces funny things such as BSOD.

I works perfectly well with other games. Its just Lo Mac that crashes my system. I play WOV ok, I play FB+AEP+PF perfectly well.