Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

don't get to fired up...it ain't over yet

I was watching the news and watching the people in bagdad and listening to people at teh store...They were talking like the wars over.hate to be a buzz kill but it's along way from over,sorry.alot closer now but even bagdad proper isn't secure and northern iraq is still a war zone.don't let your guard down,don't let the pics fool ya.yes it's closer but still not here.

The battle can maybe short, but the long termin after that is dangerous.

You get people that maybe attack the soldiers or each other.

I was here in my neighbourhood, the first before the war said: "the war can be short, but the time to get really peace there can be long, very long".

And everyone looks to Iraq, but we almost forget now the soldiers in Afgan.

Greetings

Dutchy

I think there is at least a month left in this war. However, the enemies loss of Baghdad is a very good sign.

RB

well it is going to turn into a different kind of war now. Civil unrest. Now that there is no government the transition period will be dangerous. troops will turn from fighting a war to being peace keepers like in Bosnia and Somalia. I worry about the small groups of suicide bombers, many of which are not even Iraqi but Alcada or taliban who filtered in from Syria and Iran to take pot shots at our troops.