Sign in to follow this  
Dale

Change colors of fonts

Good day

I tried to put this question into the "Knowledge" forum but said I was not allowed and not sure why.

I do know that someone in this forum will help me out as you folks have always given quick answers and help.

It has been some time since I have worked with these files but have used Strike every since it came out ,have just been away from it for awhile.

I would like to change the color of some the the different type of messages that appear on you cockpit panel screen . I do know how to change the size of the fonts and times but have not been able to find were to change any colors.

Thanks for your help.

Dale

Example from HUDDATA ini file in Flight folder...

[infoDisplay]

//BackgroundImage=TextBackground.tga

BottomLeftPosition=0.01,0.985

BottomRightPosition=

//BottomRightPosition=0.99,0.985

DisplayWidth=0.30

VerticalBorder=0.0015

HorizontalBorder=0.008

EnemyTargetColor=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

FriendlyTargetColor=0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0

UnknownTargetColor=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0

WaypointColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0

TextFile=HUDText.str

NormalColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0

WarningColor1=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0

WarningColor2=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

AGLAltStart=0.0

AGLAltWarning=0.0

The colours are defined as "red,green,blue" vectors [x,y,z] with each element having range of [ 0.0 , 1.0 ]

x is red

y is green

z is blue

example...[1.0,0.0,0.8] is full red, zero green, and almost full blue (8/10's blue). Thus, a good purple colour.

I suggest changing the cockpit colours too. I find them having too much irritating blue light. So I decrease the blue a bit, and make things a bit brighter in general on the instrument panel.

More here ~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...asc&start=8

Just found out tonight...if your cockpit is very shady, and some instruments (F-104 cockpit clock for example) are not lit up well, you can change this too in each cockpit's ini file...

LightOuterConeAngle=90

Now the full F-104 instrument panel is illuminated equally.

[infoDisplay]

BottomRightPosition=

DisplayWidth=0.30

VerticalBorder=0.0015

HorizontalBorder=0.008

TextFile=HUDText.str

AGLAltStart=0.0

AGLAltWarning=0.0

The colours are defined as "red,green,blue" vectors [x,y,z] with each element having range of [ 0.0 , 1.0 ]

x is red

y is green

z is blue

example...[1.0,0.0,0.8] is full red, zero green, and almost full blue (8/10's blue). Thus, a good purple colour.

I suggest changing the cockpit colours too. I find them having too much irritating blue light. So I decrease the blue a bit, and make things a bit brighter in general on the instrument panel.

Just found out tonight...if your cockpit is very shady, and some instruments (F-104 cockpit clock for example) are not lit up well, you can change this too in each cockpit's ini file...

LightOuterConeAngle=90

[infoDisplay]

BottomRightPosition=

DisplayWidth=0.30

VerticalBorder=0.0015

HorizontalBorder=0.008

TextFile=HUDText.str

AGLAltStart=0.0

AGLAltWarning=0.0

x is red

y is green

z is blue

LightOuterConeAngle=90

I tried to put this question into the "Knowledge" forum but said I was not allowed and not sure why.

the knowledge base is meant to be for info only - not a place where questions are asked to stop it being diluted .

Thanks for the quick response Lexx

For right now all I really wanted to do was to change the color of the message you get when checking and loading different arms. The font for this I can change the size of but what will let me chance the color of just this message.

When I have a little more time I really want to get into changing a few more things.

Dale

here are some helpful links to aid in changing your colors also....

http://www.sfmods.com/rgbtool.html

Check out the color swatches section on this page

http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/index.php?page=colorindex

Sidewinder86

I took a look a the color computer you suggested but am really lost as to how it works. I tried a few numbers but always came up zero.

Would like to be able to use and thing that will help me a little later on to make some more color changes.

Thanks for the reply

Dale

Take the R,G,B numbers and put them in the left side, the right side will give you the SF numbers you need.

Stick close to the basic colors and it should work fine.

Take the R,G,B numbers and put them in the left side, the right side will give you the SF numbers you need.

Stick close to the basic colors and it should work fine.

Sidewinder

I got it now pretty simple just like it looks. Thanks.

I just have one more question and then I will go in peace.

Have checked a lot of files but can not find any that lead me to the message info you get when you click"Next air to air or air to ground" switches. Would like to make that something other then white.

Where can I look for that section and can I add a color line of no color line is in the script?

Take care

Dale

try searching the archives here and/or at simhq... someone had the text colors all changed along with the fonts.