Sign in to follow this  
Dutchy

Why people follow dictators

That is a question, what I asked myself for many years.

Every time when the turn down a dictator are people happy. Before he was turn downed the where also happy. Why?

Empire Ceasar did know the answer. He said: "give people food and games". He did. But many of his country died in war. Also a Roman Empire were Nero and Caligula, there crazy. Raped man and woman and burn their city. Than you had Napoleon. He was also great, but crazy. The Great War. A few Empires of Europe, think they had the right to rule the world. Their wrong. Beaten by allies. In WW2 came Hitler. He give his land work and games (the Olympic of 1936). But he was bad. He wanna ruled also the world and started a war. Stalin and Lenin were also dictators. In Romanian in the nineties you had also dictator Ciaocuea (or something). In Afrika are many dictators that scared their own men and women. And many more dictators are still are alive and rules their country. Many dictators are coming in the future. History will repeat. Only because humans will not learn. Maybe I'm a little bit cynic, but I think that is the answer.

If you know another. Let me know it. And I had stuff to think about.

Greetings

Dutchy

In my last spanish class, we very rarely spoke spanish (hence me not knowing a word now), but we spoke about spanish and the spanish peoples of the world. Now my prof (Dr. Cornelius), who is half American and half Costa Rican, is a very learned man, he dabbles in philosophy and physics. He also believes in Karma and whatnot. Now the theory behind why the countries south of us have so many dictators and why perhaps spain has had a few, is that the spanish language does not allow for someone to control another with language. Like, you cannot order some one to do something. You can insist, and raise hell, but you cannot force someone to do something (the words do not exist in spanish). So here you have a whole group of people that cannot be ordered around. But in this "Freedom" of language, they spawn dictators that rule with Iron fists, its almost like they get the opposite of what they asked for/speak of... literally.

Just a little odd tid bit I thought I would share on the topic.

Guest PhantomWarrior

SOUNDS NICE BUT MAKES NO SENSE. ppl with nothing to lose are easy to lead look at pre war Germeny,and they arnt Latin.

Well da... isnt my theory, it is my spanish prof's.

What about pre-war USA, we didnt follow a dictator, and we were hit the hardest (drought and inflation).

Guest PhantomWarrior

Germeny was "hit" alot harder the we were,had relitives there, Germeny between ww1 and ww2 was a lot more messed up then we were. And Latin ppl have always had it hard other then the MAYAs (not sure if thats the correct spelling but oh well lol"

Our depression was a result of internal factors, becuase of our depression the rest of the world followed. Germany's was from outrageous demands on behalf of the french and to a certain extent the brits.

Germany's fields didnt go baren, ours did. But if you recall Germany was on the rise even before hitler, just as we were thanks to the new deal. Hitler promised a new Empire and glory, Glory was a big part of German folklore ever since the Prussians united the peoples into a single german homeland (minus Austria). To the Prussians, nothing was more important than strength and appearance to the outside world. But yes the situation was bad in Germany, but they followed Hitler for ideological reasons, not becuase their belly's told them to.

Read up on german industry from the mid 19th century until after the first world war, and you will find out why nobody had a job after WWI. and how Hitler gave them jobs.

Mayan's were not latin, they were indigenous.

About WW2. The France and the Germans were always in war.

Before WW1 the had fight for a Elzas-Lotharingen. It is on the border there.You find France city's with German names.

The differen't between WW1 and WW2 is. First was held by an Empire. And the second by a dictator that fought in WW1. And the 30's were terrible in Europe and America (remember the smuggling alcohol and Maffia). Here in Europe, was also high at workless people. Hitler promised them work and food. And revenge for WW1. Only Spain has kept his Nazi dictator at longst. Franco was his name. Germany tested their weapons in the Spainisch war. So I still think: People follow dictators because the wanna work, food and games. And a little bit revenge maybe.

Greetings

Dutchy

Damn I forgot about the games. :lol:

Enough about the dicktators from me, I hate them, I dont really care why people follow them, but I do believe that eventually all of those assholes will run their courses and then more will pop-up to take their places.

Guest PhantomWarrior

LOL BETTER RECHECK YOUR HISTORY aDOLF WASENT EVEN gERMAN. TALK ABOUT FOOLING THE PPL.

AND HE UNIFIED THE PPL BY GIVING THEM A COMMON ENEMY,A REFERANCE POINT FOR WHITCH ALL COULD HATE AND BLAME THE PROBS ON. That was the common bound that unified the German ppl.

He was a Austrian. But fight in WW1 for Germany.

And the Germans in this time are good. I know a few and they are friendly and know their history. They don't proud of it. But it happen.

But has every country not a black page in history? My country has.

Greetings

Dutchy

Guest Ranger332

rgr that to the last two postings good to see that people still check out there History. Having fought a few dictators myself most take command by offering the land what they want " be it ownership,promises,land title, or what ever. there support is there "vote" that gets them in power, sort of like our november elections but our govement has checks and balences to "stall the efforts of one trying to take over. But enough politics on to the games.

Austrian is a nationality, German is a race and language. You forget that in the creation of a unified German state, the smaller countries like Hessen and Saxony decided to opt against creating Gross Deutchland (big Germany) which would include the Austro Hungarian empire (not that the Austrians would want to join anyway). But alas the King of Prussia refused the crown of a unified Germany in saying "that he would not accept a crown offered up from the gutter" as to say that the people in Prussia were better than those in the rest of Germany. Shortly there after the Prussians decided to create a unified German state (the empire of Germany), In doing so they went to war with Austria (Bismarck held back the Kaiser from marching through Vienna, because he knew that Austria would be more important as a friend rather than a foe later on, so they spared the Austrians the humilation of losing their Capital). After the Austrians came the French in the Franco-Prussian war, and was ended when the Prussians marched through Paris (the 1st time), and a unified German state was then created. So Austrians are Germanic people they have common values and language, just like Americans are Anglo in most of our common values, and of course our language.

So Hitler was a German from Austria, the Holy Roman Empire comes to mind again when speaking of a psuedo Unified Germany.

Dutchy, what is the Nederlands black page (aside from extreme brutatility in colonialism), I'd like to know just to catch up on more history.

Now on games, does anyone know of a good RTS game about WWI?, not a map game, but an RTS game with moveable units (like sudden strike).

First about Germany. Never tell a German that he/she is a race or only a language. Germany is like USA. Many states make one country. But in the States you not say: "I'm Kansas", No you say: "I'm American". In the Netherlands we have also 13 different provence.(I think I had te write it so). In Germany say the people also that the German and not that thay are Nedersaksisch.

Now our black pages. One big mistake we did was to switch New York for Suriname. If we never did that. Than was USA now on wooden shoes. :lol:

Next black page was after WW2 that we had give up our colony in the East. America, want's that. So we listen. Good for us. The submarines from Russia lay for the coast in that time. We never knew it for a couple years ago. But, see now how the trouble is in Indonesia.

And the biggest black page: The biggest thing what we did was slave trade. We shamed about that. But history, you can't changed it.

But we are also proud on our country. We kicked out the Spain after 80 years of war, France are beaten, with help from others we beat the Nazi's. And we beat once England with Admiral Michiel de Ruyter. In a far away history.

So look in the books or internet and you find more. Every country has his good and bad things. This was in a few words history of the Netherlands.

Greetings

Dutchy

Guest Ranger332

"First about Germany. Never tell a German that he/she is a race or only a language. Germany is like USA. Many states make one country. But in the States you not say: "I'm Kansas", No you say: "I'm American". In the Netherlands we have also 13 different provence.(I think I had te write it so). In Germany say the people also that the German and not that thay are Nedersaksisch. "

So true Iam married to a German girl and snapple's commet "ticked" off Jaeger real bad"that fool dont know a thing" lol

Snap due take a trip get to know people lighten up on the reading and travel---it beats books every time books are out of date the min the ink dries.

now common simmers rember what this site is for of you want political fourm goto geocities. lol

Guest Ranger332

right but his point is German is a nation,Aryans are a race.

Yes I know. We also say here in the Netherlands, I come from north, west, south or east. But that is when you explane the place where you come from.

But what you mean, is that not a split of the civil war and proud of that? Don't take this as a racist or bad question. Only as a part of history.

Greetings

Dutchy

Dutchy the American civil war, the causes and thoughts in 2003 is a touchy subject and i dont care to discuss it in a open forum, e-mail me at chester_13@hotmail.com and i give you my take on it.

Tell Jaeger that I am sorry for using the term "Race", perhaps in this overly "P.C." world I should have used "common classification", and I did speak of the parts of Germany, I know that someone from Bavaria refers to themself as Bavarian before german. And when I said German was a language... well sh*t it is, with many dialects.

Ranger, anytime you wanna send me a free ticket to somewhere (round trip), I'll be glad to do all the travel'n you want me to do. Until I get the chance to trot the globe, I'm just gonna put in my 2 or 3 cents. And Ranger I dont write posts just for you, I write them for the majority of the people on the forum, I try to generalize. Otherwise it will sound like a term paper.

Now I know you will probably, come up with some smart one liner to come back at me with, but I really dont care.

I appologize to your wife, for the miswording, but I will never appologize to you for not just shutting up and bending to almighty freak of all posting freaks.

Guest Ranger332

"Ranger, anytime you wanna send me a free ticket to somewhere (round trip), I'll be glad to do all the travel'n you want me to do. Until I get the chance to trot the globe"

sure I got one waiting its at the US ARMY recurtding office. They will; be more thin happy to "hook you up" :idea:

Oh I knew you'd come up with somethin like that. But I loathe the Army.

Of course you already knew that the Navy is in my future, or have you purged that from you memory? Or is it that you demand that I join the service immediatly? Or is it just that Civies arent allowed to say anything that even remotely concerns you?