Sign in to follow this  
Elton Hyland

Lockups and Reboots trying to MP on gamespy

Anyone else locking up or dropping back to GS when they try to fly MP? I installed the latest version of GS so I know that isn't my problem.

E.H.

I haven't played any games at gamespy..I used to play on Mplayer and after they joined I decided that anything to do with Mplague just wasn't worth it.Even the latest version of gamespy I would ventrue a guess that gamespy is still the problem.

<S>Gents. Last night and the night before, I also had problems with my comp locking up during flight while using gamespy. I dont know about you, but I've got dial-up here, until Jan. :cry: Im also posting this situation in the SF forum.

Hyper lobby is alread up and running.and look at all the sims Jiri supports!

Go to Hyper lobby and have fun.

I am having a similar problem...everytime I try to launch from GameSpy, I get an "illegal Ops" error message then it kicks me back to the GameSpy lobby.

Also...when I try to click into the Multiplayer page in the game....I just get a black frozen screen and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot out of it.

So far, I havent gotten any suggestions on a fix.

I can fly Falcon4SP3, Janes F-18 & Red Baron3D on-line with no problem at all. Only having trouble with Strike Fighters.

Also...I have been trying to download the new HyperLobby version that allows Strike Fighters...but every time I go to the link, I get a "Page no longer exists" message.

anyone know where it can be downloaded now???

I have now tried changing video card drivers...changed to - 30.82...but this did not help either

still have same problem - whenever I try to go into Multiplayer page in game options my screen goes black and game "freezes"...only way to get out of it is to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot out of it.

also - when I try to launch a game at GameSpy, I get an "Illegal Ops" message and it kicks me back to the GameSpy lobby

sure would appreciate some help with this

thanks

Sundancer go to hyperlobby and fly.If theres a problem there then we can talk.I think hyperlobby will be a good place to try this.