Sign in to follow this  
Killer B

Looking For a Strike Fighters 1 Squadron

I'm looking for a Srike Fighters 1 squadron to join. Have multipayer experience in Freelancer as Executive Officer of Ordered Chaos and Clan Leader of The James Gang, both in the Vanguard Federation www.vanguardfreelancer.org

I´m looking for a Strike Fighters Project 1 squadrom from south Europe, anybody knows one???

Well since nobody has responded as HAVING a squadron maybe we should start one.......How about 'The Free Mexican Air Force'?

So far I know of around 5 virtual squadrons that used to or still do fly SFP1. They are:

VF-162 - Not very active

VF-84 - Same

Virtual Aggressor Wing - Same

77th Gamblers - Used to be very active, not so much as recent times, I belong to them.

561st - Not very active either.

Guest Stiglr

The problem is, SF was, in the infinite wisdom of its designer, TK, left without multiplayer for all intents and purposes. It's barely supported. So, while it's possible to have co-operative missons or even large online dogfights, it's problematic and unreliable. And because the developer doesn't think it's worth his effort to provide multiplayer functionality (which, IMO, is a MUST for a modern flight sim), it's not likely that things will ever improve.

Hard to get any kind of community involvement with that kind of attitude...

Stiglr is partly right about the online play with one exception. When you are fully patched to the 08-30-06 standards the online play is rock solid. It used to be a pain to connect and it CTD'ed often but now, no CTD's, or the like. I am just getting into the MP with the series and some of us flew online for 3 hours straight and it didn't even hiccup once. The Dogfighting MP for this is just outstanding. The COOP leaves a lot to be desired, alot.......

Be nice if TK could give us some stats and we could have leaderboard. Always liked the way Janes did that. Games like BF2 and AAO and every other new game coming out seems to have some type of online stat recordkeeping. Would be really kool imho.

Fates

Well I'd love to have a go at SF1 MP, I just found the CombatACE teamspeak channel by accident at the bottom of the home page; y'all should really think about promoting it better :dntknw: What is the best time to check in? Also I just started playing Combat Flight Simulator 2 MP w/ The CFS2 Flight Deck http://groups.msn.com/TheCFS2FlightDeck/_whatsnew.msnw

they operate by the first guy in w/ a good enough comp/IN conn. hosting the game and posting his IP. There's a good chance of catching me there at night 2400-0200 GMT. My call sign there is 'ValKilmore' for some reason the MSN groups daemon wouldn't allow my usual 'Killer B' callsign.