Sign in to follow this  
Dave

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

AFC

The Colts have a good chance against Baltimore.

New England will have a hard time with San Diego, but I hate to say it, I hope they beat them.

This will make the AFC Championship Game the most Ironic you could think of. New England will come the Indy to play for a chance to be in the SuperBowl.

My Vote: Indy Wins AFC

NFC

Philly @ New Orleans.... well...with all the problems with New Orleans, I'm gonna have to cheer for them as I went to School with Drew Brees. Go Purdue!

Seattle at Chicago? hum....There's got to be 1 first seed team make the Conference Finals and being in IN and growing up just the other side of the Pond...Go Bears!

New Orleans vs. Chicago for NFC. a powerful O agains an epic D. I'll sit the fence on this one.....doesn't matter who wins.

Here's the latest injury reports for each team...

Injury reports

Ravens, Chargers & Bears are my Pics, Sean Payton vs. Andy Reid is going to be interesting. The play calling in this game is going to be a lesson in professional coaching. Marty Mornhinweg (who waxed Parcells) vs. Sean Payton who did this to Parcells:

The Saints' quarterback hit Henderson for 50 yards down to the Cowboys' 2. Despite a penalty, Brees found Karney again with a 6-yard touchdown pass that gave the Saints a 35-17 lead.

"But Payton, who served on Parcells' coaching staff for three seasons, obviously wasn't satisfied with an 18-point lead.

Payton called for an onside kick in the third quarter. Former Cowboy Billy Cundiff lightly tapped the kickoff, which went just past 10 yards before the Saints recovered. The Saints took over on offense and scored four plays later when Brees connected with Henderson on a 42-yard touchdown.

"Sometimes things just start going your way," Payton said. "This was a game that went our way."

Payton called off the dogs in the fourth quarter, opting for Brees to kneel down four times despite having first-and-goal at the Cowboys' 4 with three minutes to play.

"They beat us all over the field," Romo said. "But we've got to put it behind us and move on. If you don't let it go, it will affect what we do the rest of the season. But we're going to find out what we're made of now."

Famous last words (for Romo, this season anyway).

Sean Payton's play calling in this game was perfect.

So now you have Andy Reid vs. Sean Payton at home, that's a mental matchup.

If you throw in the "Las Vegas Hurricane Katrina Factor" which means for the "good of the country" and "the superficial healing for the victims in New Orleans we will (the Saints) win the Super Bowl" then count me in! Because I (and a few others) are expecting it to happen.

Let's see how it all pans out this weekend?

Sp2

Edited by Splash2

:dntknw: Coming from the other side of the pond who are the lions? at least they cannot be as bad as our cricket team are at present

But now the Lions lost the 1st draft pick :slow(en):

Well they are professionals, they are not going to throw a game just to get a #1 draft pick.

Well, this prolly won't go over well in here, but what the heya.

I've been a fan of a team where I grew up, and they were born in the same year I was. 1960.

I've probably been to their stadium a dozen times, but not their newest one.

There were a LOT of lean years, until that magical one in 1986. As the only one of their fans at a SuperBowl party,

the 44-10 loss was extra humiliating.

It took over a decade to reach that point again, and a world-wise 37 year old, I figured they had it going on! Though

less humiliating, they lost again.

Then, a year after the millenium began, something magical happened. The starting QB got hit, and almost bled out on

the field of play, but did recover. A rookie in his 2nd year took over, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Most have probably guessed that I am talking about the dynasty that is the New England Patriots. 1st they shoot down

the Jets on Sunday;

image002.jpg

And march all the way to Southern Florida for a rematch of the SuperBowl of 20 years ago, and get REVENGE on the

Bears!

Muwahahaha!

Yes, I am quite mad, but can already die happy, if insane. Da Bears being butchered would just be icing on an already

mighty delicious cake...

3xchampsW.gif

GO PATS! Being from NH, it was always The Pats, The Sox, The Celts, and (like it or not) The Bruins. Nearly cried when the Sox finally won the World Series, and was hung over for days when the Pats won the Bowl.

New Hampshire?

For cool! Whereabouts?

I lived in Hampton `til I was 13, then moved to Mass. Used to have Aardvarks (FB-111's) barking over my house all the time, way back in the day.

csb,

Now you know it’s a tradition for my England Cricket team to loss to the Aussie’s! LOL.

We still got Rugby and as long as Wilkinson’s right foot can hold out, maybe England can give the Wallabies a good spanking in the 2007 Rugby World Cup.

Go ENGLAND !!!

Should be good got the big screen tv and started laying in the beers even booked time off work

New Hampshire?

For cool! Whereabouts?

I lived in Hampton `til I was 13, then moved to Mass. Used to have Aardvarks (FB-111's) barking over my house all the time, way back in the day.

Right now I'm in Manchester, NH. Grew up in MA (Lowell), but I usually don't like to admit that. My brother has a house in Hampton and we usually spend a bit of time there in the summer. The beach has gone downhill recently (lots of gang activity coming up from Boston).

AFC

The Colts have a good chance against Baltimore.

New England will have a hard time with San Diego, but I hate to say it, I hope they beat them.

This will make the AFC Championship Game the most Ironic you could think of. New England will come the Indy to play for a chance to be in the SuperBowl.

My Vote: Indy Wins AFC

NFC

Philly @ New Orleans.... well...with all the problems with New Orleans, I'm gonna have to cheer for them as I went to School with Drew Brees. Go Purdue!

Seattle at Chicago? hum....There's got to be 1 first seed team make the Conference Finals and being in IN and growing up just the other side of the Pond...Go Bears!

New Orleans vs. Chicago for NFC. a powerful O agains an epic D. I'll sit the fence on this one.....doesn't matter who wins.

Can I say I told ya so? LOL

Good job, Fates. If the Bears don't play better ball than they did today N.O. is going to the Super Bowl. Seattle shoulda won that one.

I've been a Colts fan since the Johnny U. days back in Baltimore..I am hoping the Colts defence plays like it has the last few weeks.then maybe we'll stand a chance.

:dntknw: Coming from the other side of the pond who are the lions? at least they cannot be as bad as our cricket team are at present

The Loins are a professional Football team,Detroit is where they play.Now seeing you're from across the pond whens the next test for England?and be thankful you're not a Hammers fan as I am..losing is a habit any more at Upton Park.

I've been a Colts fan since the Johnny U. days back in Baltimore..I am hoping the Colts defence plays like it has the last few weeks.then maybe we'll stand a chance.

If Brady plays like he did yesterday then you won't have anything to worry about. 3 interceptions, 50 attempts? I glad they won, but that kind of play isn't going to cut it in Indy.

Edited by tank03

Can I say I told ya so? LOL

LOL... shows you what I know! I only got the Bears right (off to hibernate until next season)...

Sp2