Sign in to follow this  
I B Spectre

Engine Shutdown question

I'm running LO v1.02 and the key reference with the README says engine start (simultaneous) is Pg Up, individual engine start is Alt + Pg Up for left, Shift + Pg Up for right. All those work like a champ. My problem comes with trying to shutdown engines. The reference shows simultaneous shutdown is Pg Dn while individual shutdown for left is Alt + Pg Dn and right is Shift + Pg Dn.

If I abort the start, either simultaneous or individual engine, the Pg Dn and Alt/Shift + Pg Dn works. However, if the engine(s) ever reach idle RPM, I cannot shut them down with any key command. I've tried reinstalling, but it always behaves the same way. Any ideas?

Have a quick look at your key setup in the Input screen, it'll tell you what keys are assigned to it. I'm running FC and that's got RWin + Home and RWin + End for startup and shutdown respectively, but it could have been different in 1.02. Hope that helps. :)

I think the keys are different for 1.02. Go into your Docs folder in the main Lock On folder and take a look at the keycommands.doc file. Whatever is in there is correct.

Tonight, while flying with some friends online, I was actually able to shutdown engines for the first time! I was pleasantly surprised in that I had tried the exact same procedure many times before both online and off without success. In any event, it worked at least once so I'll hope for a repeat in the future. Thanks again, ruggbutt.

Edited by I B Spectre

Wel... strange kind of problem.

I'm running 1.02 too, and when I press Page Down, it turns off. Gonna check it out.

I think it may have something to do with my HOTAS. I'm running a gameport interfaced CH Products Pro Throttle and it is calibrated via Window's Control Panel/Game Controller. Calibration is always a bit imprecise and is possible my minimum throttle setting was not minimal enough and LOMAC would not shutdown the engines, thinking I was above idle RPM. After getting a good minimal throttle calibration, LOMAC may have been satisfied with the values representing minimum (idle) throttle position and let me shutdown. This is just a theory, but if LOMAC is designed to prevent inadvertant engine shutdown, disallowing shutdown at any setting other than idle, that may have been the culprit. I've been able to successfully shutdown numerous times now.